PDA

View Full Version : re-entry

bleu329
08-15-2005, 03:31 AM
backstory:

I'm 21 and met this ~30 yr old chick on a cruise last fall. It was the last night on the ship. I did 4-5 rounds of yager with her and her friends and we danced and [censored], however it didn't end up going further than that. She gave me her business card and said if I was ever in the LA area and needed a place to stay or something of that nature to let her know.

So I'm going to book my trip to LA in the next few days for the Legends of Poker at the Bike - I'll be leaving the 25th and staying for about a week. Do I email her business address or call the business phone? Do I inquire about lodging or ask to hang out/have a drink together?

Thoughts?

GrandmaStabone
08-15-2005, 03:33 AM
Yes. SIIHP.

7ontheline
08-15-2005, 03:52 AM
Nothing to lose by trying to look her up, but I wouldn't count on her for lodging. Also, if she acts kind of cold toward you, don't read much into it and just drop it. She could easily have just been messing around on the boat - people are different back in their real lives.

Talk2BigSteve
08-15-2005, 03:59 AM
Hang out yes...Lodging NO!

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Brainwalter
08-15-2005, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hang out yes...Lodging NO!

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

bleu329
08-15-2005, 04:05 AM
gotcha!

NorCalJosh
08-15-2005, 04:17 AM
Personally, i would send an email over calling her work, its easier/less awkward if nothing takes shape. plus calling a business phone seems a little weirder than emailing a business email. for some reason.

if you have had NO contact with her whatsoever since the cruise, i would think twice about even emailing her period. but if you do, you obviously dont say a thing about lodging. drinks at the most.

handsome
08-15-2005, 05:04 AM
So... is this gonna be like.. your second date ever?

Just call and don't sound like a bumbling idiot. And please refrain from posting this stupid ass [censored]. Thank you, good luck and have a nice day.

Sephus
08-15-2005, 05:29 AM
my thought is there is a common thread to pretty much every etiquitte question posted. but i'm pretty cynical.