PDA

View Full Version : Turn raise is killing me! Need help (no hand)

IIAce
08-15-2005, 12:40 AM
Ok so I moved up to the .5/1 from the .25/.50 on pokerroom and I noticed that a lot of players pull this move off all the time. I didn't even notice it in the .25/.50. This is how it goes:
If I'm in EP:
Flop: I bet, they call. Turn: I bet, they raise. Usually I check/call all the way after that raise.

If I'm LP:
Flop: they check, I bet, they call. Turn: They check raise, and I c/c all the way down.

I think I lost every time this hand play happened because usually it means they really like their hand. TPTK/overpair just isn't cutting it most of the time and overcards are completely dead against this play. What should I do? Fold the turn when it happens? Maybe fold the turn against only tight players? I really don't know, but this play is just kicking my a$$.

NateDog
08-15-2005, 12:42 AM
3 bet.

hemstock
08-15-2005, 12:51 AM
It depends on reads, the action, the board, your hand straight your outs and all that.

SavageMiser
08-15-2005, 01:38 AM
Depends, but if you're calling down every time, you're tossing a lot of bets out the window. The hierarchy of options should probably be something like Raise > Fold > Call.

But there's lots of variables. I know I do a lot better when I fight that urge to call.

Bodhi
08-15-2005, 02:59 AM
The important thing to realize is that they're not raising because the turn card has suddenly improved their hand. Usually they're raising the turn when they should have bet/raised the flop with a great hand. Anyway, learn to immediately fold your average/so-so hands to the raise.