PDA

View Full Version : Wow, I butchered another one

TheWorstPlayer
08-14-2005, 11:46 PM
UTG is pretty tight/solid. SB is unknown but seems to be a bit of a donk from his first few hands. Better lines (I think I may have messed up all streets again)? River decision?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ TWP (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO ($169.15)
Button ($98)
SB ($100.90)
TWP ($180.65)
UTG ($65.80)
MP ($35.99)

Preflop: TWP is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $4.5</font>, TWP calls $4, UTG calls $2.

Flop: ($15) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">TWP bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $20</font>, SB folds, TWP calls $12.

Turn: ($55) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
TWP checks, UTG checks.

River: ($55) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
TWP checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $25</font>, TWP ...?

djoyce003
08-14-2005, 11:50 PM
Bet the turn...that was a dream card for you. You have a very good chance to make him fold his overpair. You are beat, fold the river.

swolfe
08-14-2005, 11:51 PM
i'd block the river. as played, i think you shoudl call.

Macquarie
08-15-2005, 02:02 AM
Why did you call the flop raise? Does a tight player really raise with overcards here?

TheWorstPlayer
08-15-2005, 02:12 AM
I was thinking a ten or something like 99 or 88 since the preflop re-raise checked it could look like i was taking a weak stab at it. I don't know. I folded the river and think I screwed up preflop (I should re-raise), the flop (bet shoulda been bigger), and the river (I should block/fold).

pokerjoker
08-15-2005, 03:02 AM
this is probably the most diverse advice i have ever seen for a hand...according to us pretty much do anything on any street....

BZ_Zorro
08-15-2005, 04:34 AM
Given your read on UTG, flop is a fold. You've got two streets to go, with a weakish hand and no idea where you stand.

I wouldn't bet the turn, because it's unlikely you'll fold out an overpair. Sometimes AA/KK can be stubborn unless you're willing to a put a lot in. Not worth it imo.

River is an easy fold. There's a full house out there, and he's betting it. A tight solid player wouldn't do that without a ten or an overpair after that flop action.

2PAUL2
08-15-2005, 08:06 AM
pot the flop.

if tight player calls or raises be done with the hand.

paul

passion
08-15-2005, 08:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn...that was a dream card for you. You have a very good chance to make him fold his overpair. You are beat, fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be a better card if the opponent had a deeper stack. He actually doesn't have much left in relation to the pot size so it is unlikely he will fold a big PP.

I think once you call that flop raise your basically in it until the river (barring an AK turn and river), but I like the idea of just calling to keep the pot as small as possible. You have to call the river bet - the time for folding was on the flop. You could have bet a little on the river, but given the pot and stack sizes I'm not really sure it would have mattered.

Passion

Ghazban
08-15-2005, 09:36 AM
A tight/solid player raises UTG, calls a reraise, then raises your flop bet on a ragged board. What range of hands are you putting him on that makes calling that raise a good idea?

djoyce003
08-15-2005, 09:50 AM
I disagree. He has about 80 left and that ten scared the crap out of him I guarantee. He's valuebetting AA or KK on the river, but I think a reasonable/semi-tight player folds to a turn lead after that 10 pairs. TWP's lead on the flop looks exactly like top pair....when it pairs that pot is his. Make a bet of around the pot and he'll fold way more than half the time I think.

passion
08-15-2005, 10:07 AM
I thought UTG started the hand with $65. He raised $12 pf and put another $20 in on the flop leaving him with about $33 on the turn. On the turn the pot was $55. Bottom line is that this is a bad time to bluff as the guy is surely going to call with an overpair.

These circumstances are why I said the time to fold is on the flop. If your going to call the flop raise you might as well put it all in there.

Passion

troymclur
08-15-2005, 10:18 AM
Yes, you did butcher it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you were going to call the flop (which screams an overpair), you need to bet 3/4 or more of the pot on the turn, it was the single best card you could have seen shy of another J. River is an easy fold.

djoyce003
08-15-2005, 10:29 AM
you are right, my bad, I was thinking it was the SB left. He probably isn't folding no matter what then.

wtfsvi
08-15-2005, 12:05 PM
Why not check call the flop? That should help you when SB has AA and is going for his oh-so-incredibly-stupid-checkraise. You should probably count on the aggressive UTG taking a stab on a big pot like this most of the time when it's checked to him. Then lead the turn and check fold the river.