PDA

View Full Version : Watching a movie by myself

this guy
08-14-2005, 11:32 PM
So I want to go watch Broken Flowers tonight but no one wants to come with me, so I'm considering going alone. How loserish is this?

ewile
08-14-2005, 11:36 PM
I've gone to numerous concerts by myself and always have a good time.

Not looserish at all IMO.

It actually seems to me that perhaps staying home, for fear of seeming looserish might be the looserest decision of all.

GrandmaStabone
08-14-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've gone to numerous concerts by myself and always have a good time.

Not looserish at all IMO.

It actually seems to me that perhaps staying home, for fear of seeming looserish might be the looserest decision of all.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly right

TheBlueMonster
08-14-2005, 11:42 PM
I guess nothing could equal the creepiness factor of me going to see "Harry Potter" alone at 10pm....

TheCroShow
08-14-2005, 11:43 PM
how about going to see "Mean Chicks" alone? or "The Notebook" roffle, top that!

ChipWrecked
08-14-2005, 11:56 PM
I've done it many times. In high school, I had to see 'Life of Brian' and 'Apocalypse Now' by myself because I hung with braindead losers who didn't appreciate the great art of these flicks.

More recently, I have seen the 'Harry Potter' and 'LOTR' flicks by myself 'cause my wife hates that [censored]. So, I take the day off from work and check them out. Hit the cardroom for the rest of the day. I have a good old time.

"Why didn't I answer my cell phone? Gosh honey, meetings all day, you know how it is..." /images/graemlins/grin.gif

GrandmaStabone
08-14-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've done it many times. In high school, I had to see 'Life of Brian' and 'Apocalypse Now' by myself because I hung with braindead losers who didn't appreciate the great art of these flicks.

More recently, I have seen the 'Harry Potter' and 'LOTR' flicks by myself 'cause my wife hates that [censored]. So, I take the day off from work and check them out. Hit the cardroom for the rest of the day. I have a good old time.

"Why didn't I answer my cell phone? Gosh honey, meetings all day, you know how it is..." /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lying to your wife = -EV

08-15-2005, 12:02 AM
I do this a lot, about half the time I see a movie is by myself

I only feel weird if it's crowded

ewile
08-15-2005, 12:03 AM
Life Of Brian. Just reading the name makes me begin weeping uncontrolably.

No wait...what an ass I am...that's Brian's Song.

Sooga
08-15-2005, 12:05 AM
One of life's simple pleasures for me is going to watch a movie by myself. But when I do I almost always go to one of those small independent film chains, on the weekdays, when there are maybe 10 people in the theater, tops. I love that.

James Boston
08-15-2005, 12:10 AM
I don't know why I feel this way, but going out by myself in the daytime doesn't bother me at all, while at nighttime I do feel kind of lame. Like when I stop at a restaurant alone during my lunch break, I don't think twice about it, but I wouldn't go out to a restaurant at night alone. I've never gone to a movie alone, but wouldn't feel weird going on a Saturday afternoon, or something like that.

TheBlueMonster
08-15-2005, 12:15 AM
touche` my friend, touche`

tdarko
08-15-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So I want to go watch Broken Flowers tonight but no one wants to come with me, so I'm considering going alone. How loserish is this?

[/ QUOTE ]
if you see it please post a review, i really want to see this movie and am curious about what you thought (thats if you went).

miajag81
08-15-2005, 12:25 AM
i do this from time to time when i can't find anyone who wants to go. i have to admit i feel a little uncomfortable doing it, but oh well.

Lawrence Ng
08-15-2005, 12:28 AM
I watch a lot of movies by myself at the theater and sometimes at the last minute so it's tough to get a hold of someone. And yes, please write a review of the movie if you can. I'd like to know how it was please.

Thanks

Lawrence

KDawgCometh
08-15-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
if you see it please post a review, i really want to see this movie and am curious about what you thought (thats if you went).

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone who has gone to see it that I've talked to have said that its great

BottlesOf
08-15-2005, 12:36 AM
It all depends what time/day yo ugo see the movie. Sunday night.....I'm not sure, I'm pretty sure this is ok. A Tuesday at 3PM would be a no brainer ok. A saturday at 9 PM would be an absolutely not.

djoyce003
08-15-2005, 12:46 AM
my wife won't go to sci fi movies at all, so I usually end up at those by myslef...I don't feel like i'm a loser when i'm there, neither should you. Go have a good time.

Runner Runner
08-15-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Life Of Brian. Just reading the name makes me begin weeping uncontrolably.

No wait...what an ass I am...that's Brian's Song.

[/ QUOTE ]

I once rented what I thought was the movie "Ghost", got home, turned it on and it turned out to be "Ghost Dad".....who's the ass now. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DarkForceRising
08-15-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It all depends what time/day yo ugo see the movie. Sunday night.....I'm not sure, I'm pretty sure this is ok. A Tuesday at 3PM would be a no brainer ok. A saturday at 9 PM would be an absolutely not.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct answer.

I love going solo but you gotta pick your spots. Ultimately, the consumate secure person does what they want when they want but let's face it- 99.9% of us have some kind of complex.

Traveling alone is an especially fantastic luxury. Sure, it's fun to have the crew along but it doesn't always work out. I find it quite enjoyable not having anyone else dictate my schedule. Or worse yet- sharing a room.

PoBoy321
08-15-2005, 01:08 AM
I usually go to movies by myself. Most of my friends talk during movies and if I go with my gf, she needs me to explain everything that's going on to her every 5 minutes, and it annoys the hell out of me. I like to be able to sit there, eat some popcorn and just enjoy the show.

TheCroShow
08-15-2005, 01:08 AM
aye very true, gotta pick the right time. sometimes your regular movie buddies are too busy to catch a flick with you. i prefer matinees, opening nights though? i don't give a rat's behind.

Dynasty
08-15-2005, 02:15 AM
I prefer going to the movies alone. Nobody ever wants to sit in the back row the way I like to.

Benholio
08-15-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I prefer going to the movies alone. Nobody ever wants to sit in the back row the way I like to.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://netscape.planetout.com/images/misc/kiosk/popcornq/movienews/peewee.jpg

x2ski
08-15-2005, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://netscape.planetout.com/images/misc/kiosk/popcornq/movienews/peewee.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

This is awesome.

My laugh-muscles hurt.

Blarg
08-15-2005, 03:56 AM
I'm a big film buff and I used to get these great discount tickets, but they were to a lot of oldies, foreign films,and independent films that my friends had a taste for maybe once in a while, but not often. I'd see something like "Hitchcock Week" with double features running Monday through Friday, and hell, I wasn't gonna miss that just because nobody else wanted to see them.

Talk2BigSteve
08-15-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This loserish....
http://www.anthemamerica.com/New%20Jpegs/beenlaid%5B1%5D.jpg

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dominic
08-15-2005, 11:30 AM
I prefer going to movies by myself - preferably in the middle of the day when it's not so crowded.

Why?

I get to see whatever damn movie I please.
I don't have to share my popcorn and jujubees with anyone.

KidPokerX
09-26-2005, 03:12 AM
HAHAHA

TheCroShow
09-26-2005, 03:28 AM
wtf dude, why are you bumping old threads?

Mason Hellmuth
09-26-2005, 03:31 AM
I think he forgot to log into his gimmick account.

He also has a hard-on for "this guy".

Cancuk
09-26-2005, 03:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you wouldn't have asked an internet forum, you'd be fine.
unfortunatly...

Rick Nebiolo
09-26-2005, 05:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only did I see Broken Flowers alone but I was the only one in the theater!

~ Rick

The Truth
09-26-2005, 05:52 AM
Me and a couple friend went to watch the Enron movie at a break during a WSOP event. Howard Lederer happened to be watching the same film... alone

so

-blake