PDA

View Full Version : smooth operator (read: caller) ... KQ

08-14-2005, 11:31 PM
UTG+2 is new.

Hero is in SB with K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif

Preflop:
2 folds, UTG+2 raises, 5 folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

Flop: (5 sb) K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG+2 bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.5 bb) 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG+2 bets, Hero calls.

River: (5.5 bb) A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG+2 bets, Hero calls.

Final pot: 7.5 bb

Harv72b
08-14-2005, 11:40 PM
How did you get position on him postflop when you were in the SB? Or were you check/calling?

I don't like coldcalling OOP & second-in preflop with KQo, especially not against an EP raise. It's either 3-bet or fold, and against most EP raisers (including unknowns) that's a fold for me.

If you're going to call & the flop comes K high, then for the love of all that's holy, check/raise! You hit your card. Now make some money with it.

I don't know what to make of your river call because I'm still so confused about the betting order. Either way, I don't know what you think you're ahead of when he bets after the ace and the third diamond showed up...tough to think he'd try to balls it out with QQ or TT there, without a read.

08-15-2005, 12:03 AM
Sorry, yes, I was check/calling.

shant
08-15-2005, 12:05 AM
I don't feel too bad about myself folding KQo OOP to an EP raise.

Goodnews
08-15-2005, 12:48 AM
Pop one back at him damnit.

If you were to take two hand histories of two different players, one that bets too much, and another that calls to much. You would find that the player who bets too much loses money, and the player that calls too much loses even more.

Ever wonder why tight-passives are targeted all the time?

lerxst337
08-15-2005, 02:04 AM
That's what you get for calling KQo OOP. This flop is pretty much best case scenario for your hand. You gotta c/r the flop. If you are 3-bet, call and fold U/I. Otherwise, lead the turn. If he is still there when the ace comes on the river, I probably c/f. I just don't see anything you beat.

pokahjokah
08-15-2005, 02:09 AM
Do you have a read on villian? If he is not a maniac, then fold preflop. If he is really LAGGY then I like a c/r on the flop. But he would have to be maniacal for me to smooth call from the SB.