PDA

View Full Version : Are you sure you are your kid's father?

Lawrence Ng
08-14-2005, 11:16 PM
Interesting article..

1 in 25 dads are NOT (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4137506.stm)

So just wondering how many of you new dads out there within the last decade truly think whether or not you are the biological father of your child (children).

Are you willing to find out even if it would totally offend your wife, lead to mental craziness, divorce, and effect the child's future in a way you could never have hoped?

Interesting indeed...

Lawrence

TheBlueMonster
08-14-2005, 11:24 PM
better question: do you have any kids you don't know about

Wyers
08-14-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a better question.

That is a different question.

Nice job hijacking the thread on the second post though.

Married with no kids (yet), BTW.

Hopefully I will be able to take credit for them when the time comes /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

pokerdirty
08-15-2005, 12:02 AM
i'm almost 70% positive i have no more than 2 kids that i don't know about

touchfaith
08-15-2005, 12:07 AM
My kids look exactely like me. I actually though she should have been tested /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Lawrence Ng
08-15-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you are the first poster ever to make a retort at how I [censored] around with women. Would you like a cookie?

Lawrence

Lawrence Ng
08-15-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm almost 70% positive i have no more than 2 kids that i don't know about

[/ QUOTE ]

Now this is a typical poker geek answer. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Lawrence

krazyace5
08-15-2005, 12:42 AM
I think there should be a law that for every birth their must be a dna test. Mandatory.

PoBoy321
08-15-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think there should be a law that for every birth their must be a dna test. Mandatory.

[/ QUOTE ]

What good is a DNA test if you don't even know who to compare the DNA to (a lot of women who're in the position where they're not sure who the father is, couldn't even venture to guess)?

astroglide
08-15-2005, 01:14 AM
i'm sure a lot of kids that were brought up well that would have been raised by a single parent if the cheating was forcibly disclosed would want to disagree. i don't think it's an OBGYN's job to get involved here, they're paid to deliver the babies not screw up their birthdays. not that i have cheated or condone it.

my gf works in bioinformatics/generics and told me a long time ago about this. it's so common they plan for the effect in studies.

handsome
08-15-2005, 01:29 AM
You Are Not the Father!! (http://www.zippyvideos.com/45528661379085.html) (SFW)

krazyace5
08-15-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What good is a DNA test if you don't even know who to compare the DNA to (a lot of women who're in the position where they're not sure who the father is, couldn't even venture to guess)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am talking about comparing it to the potential father. The guy that is supposed to sign the birth certificate thats in the relationship.

kerssens
08-15-2005, 01:38 AM
An ex-girlfriend of mine used to say..."mommy's baby, daddy's maybe"

krazyace5
08-15-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm sure a lot of kids that were brought up well that would have been raised by a single parent if the cheating was forcibly disclosed would want to disagree. i don't think it's an OBGYN's job to get involved here, they're paid to deliver the babies not screw up their birthdays. not that i have cheated or condone it.

my gf works in bioinformatics/generics and told me a long time ago about this. it's so common they plan for the effect in studies.

[/ QUOTE ]

So men don't have rights?

PoBoy321
08-15-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course they do; they have the right to get a paternity test. That doesn't mean that the State needs to mandate it, because I'm sure that many of the cases where the father is not the biological father, he wouldn't want to know anyway, but if he does want to, he has the right to.

astroglide
08-15-2005, 01:47 AM
i have the right to ignore you

wacki
08-15-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it's so common they plan for the effect in studies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man I'm very curious about the % occurance now.

krazyace5
08-15-2005, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course they do; they have the right to get a paternity test. That doesn't mean that the State needs to mandate it, because I'm sure that many of the cases where the father is not the biological father, he wouldn't want to know anyway, but if he does want to, he has the right to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I just mean a guy has a right to know, sure its may be sad for the kid but its not the guys fault the kids birthday is screwed up its the womens. I would hope all guys would want to know if they are raising the "milkman" or their "best friends" baby. Then again ignorance is bliss...

Bulldog
08-15-2005, 08:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any such law would be unconstitutional.

ChipWrecked
08-15-2005, 08:30 AM
My daughter looks so much like me, if she isn't mine... I'm going to hunt down that doppelganger and kill the son of a bitch.

jakethebake
08-15-2005, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My kids look exactely like me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Nature's paternity test.

jakethebake
08-15-2005, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Nevermind, you must be a lawyer. They would be the only ones to benefit from this.

codewarrior
08-15-2005, 09:36 AM
Are you kidding, it looks just like me!

<-----------

PocketJokers72
08-15-2005, 09:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My kids look exactely like me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Nature's paternity test.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck, one-sided paternity tests are cheap online. If in doubt, spend the $200. Get the little swabs, and mail them off.

Los Feliz Slim
08-15-2005, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My daughter looks so much like me, if she isn't mine... I'm going to hunt down that doppelganger and buy that handsome son-of-a-bitch a beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

stigmata
08-15-2005, 09:47 AM
I used to work in heamatology, and the diagnostics lab used to have fun with this problem.

The mother/father to-be would come in for thalassemia/sickle cell screening. Of course, it transpires that the father is not the father. This not only meens the screening process is difficult, but is also a politically charged situation. They would have to try and get the woman alone and explain the situation -- you can't intefere in their lives, you just have to do the job at hand.

There was one woman who kept turning up at all the different haematology units in london with different "fathers". She was too embarrassed to keep coming back to the same place with a string of men.

Nick-Zack
08-15-2005, 10:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My kids look exactely like me. I actually though she should have been tested /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That is funny. Both of my sons are exactly the same. No one would ever doubt that they are mine, they don't look that much like their mother though.

ChipWrecked
08-15-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My daughter looks so much like me, if she isn't mine... I'm going to hunt down that doppelganger and buy that handsome son-of-a-bitch a beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/cool.gif

tek
08-15-2005, 01:31 PM
I was in the room both times. I actually took photos the second time. /images/graemlins/blush.gif And no, I'm not posting them.

RunDownHouse
08-15-2005, 01:57 PM
If you're saying you're the father because you were in the room when she delivered, then I think maybe you need a talk about where babies come from.

If you're saying you're the father because you were in the room when she became pregnant, then I think maybe you need a talk about how good women are at choosing the (biological) father of their children and choosing the (resources) father of their children. They're different people far more often than you'd imagine.

CCass
08-15-2005, 02:32 PM
I am positive all 3 of my children are mine. Not only do they pass the "nature test" (they look like me), I can identify the time and date that 2 of them were conceived.

I have no reason nor the desire to have a paternity test.

jakethebake
08-15-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can identify the time and date that 2 of them were conceived.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a regular thing with you? You look up at the alarm clock as you spoogilate? Do you keep a log?

touchfaith
08-15-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am positive all 3 of my children are mine. Not only do they pass the "nature test" (they look like me), I can identify the time and date that 2 of them were conceived.

I have no reason nor the desire to have a paternity test.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

NobodysFreak
08-15-2005, 02:42 PM
My parents divorced when I was a kid so I didn't really see my father all that much. When I was a kid growing up (I guess I still am... I'm 22) whenever I'd [censored]-up my dad would threaten me with a DNA test... interesting

Dantes
08-15-2005, 04:36 PM
well if you have sex once every three months its probably not that hard to figure it out.

tek
08-15-2005, 05:15 PM
Hey hey man, my ex may have been a bivh but she was no slut. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Yes, I was also in the room when the boys made it upstream...

I was responding with the impression that part of the problem is babies being switched in the hospital...

BWebb
08-15-2005, 05:26 PM
Still one of my all-time favorites:

Link (http://poststuff2.entensity.net/061005/media.php?media=nothisbaby.wmv)

CCass
08-15-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can identify the time and date that 2 of them were conceived.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a regular thing with you? You look up at the alarm clock as you spoogilate? Do you keep a log?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, just unusual events that happened at the time of conception.

Example #1 - We took a vacation when our oldest was 10 months old (baby stayed at grandma's). Our 2nd child was born 9 months later.

Example #2 - We attend a football game between UT and Auburn, and get pretty freaky afterwards (again both little ones were at the grandparents).

RunDownHouse
08-15-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey hey man, my ex may have been a bivh but she was no slut. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
"Whore" would most likely be a better pejorative in such cases of cuckoldry, since she was using you for specific material gains (the impersonal "you," since I don't actually know anything about you or your wife).

benjdm
08-15-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My kids look exactly like me. I actually thought she should have been tested /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]