PDA

View Full Version : ***STTF-HUC SIDE BETS NOW LIVE!!!***

GrekeHaus
08-14-2005, 10:10 PM
So I've now got my side bets up and working. Here are the rules:

1. The site is meant to be a matching service. If you want to make a bet, post it there and if someone wants to take you up on it, they can accept it.

2. In most cases, I'm not going to be responsible for handling money. Once someone matches a bet, it is up to the two parties involved to work out money transferring details.

3. In some cases, if the two parties wish to escrow the bets with me, they can ask me and I may or may not accept the offer.

4. If you wish to make a bet that's not listed, PM me and I can add it for you.

5. There is no VIG, but donations from big winners are always welcome. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. Any other questions, contact me.

--GH

http://nonninja.net/~bstanton/calcutta/

Irieguy
08-15-2005, 02:47 AM
This is the coolest thing ever.

Irieguy

Rojosox
08-15-2005, 03:19 AM
anyone who is smart will bet on me. My win total is sure to go up as time gets closer.

Jared

GrekeHaus
08-15-2005, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is the coolest thing ever.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

skipperbob
08-15-2005, 09:02 AM
WayCool

Daliman
08-15-2005, 10:43 AM
Bah, i tried to change a bet I made incorrectly that I never hit confirm on, but it took it anyways...

need the 500 for 700 bet killed..unless someone wants to give it...

Daliman
08-15-2005, 10:55 AM
This is seriously cool, but as a couple of side notes, please have posted somewhere germane bet info such as who and how many $200 players for the $500/$200 bet, and the fact that Rojosox WILL play if he can, period.

skipperbob
08-15-2005, 01:02 PM
There are 10 $500-players & 6 $200-players...Rojosox will probably play because he is inline to buy my seat if Gig doesn't pay or show (that parlay is off-the-board) /images/graemlins/confused.gif

GrekeHaus
08-15-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bah, i tried to change a bet I made incorrectly that I never hit confirm on, but it took it anyways...

need the 500 for 700 bet killed..unless someone wants to give it...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really sure what happened here. Kind of weird. Anyway, you can cancel any bets that haven't been matched yourself by clicking on the "My Bets" link at the top of the page.

--GH

skipperbob
08-15-2005, 08:04 PM
bump

Rojosox
08-15-2005, 08:10 PM
Get me into this tourney!!!!!!!!! I don't care if i have to do a play-in game a-la the NCAA tourney!!!!! VIVA LA RED

Rojosox

johnnybeef
08-15-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Get me into this tourney!!!!!!!!! I don't care if i have to do a play-in game a-la the NCAA tourney!!!!! VIVA LA RED

Rojosox

[/ QUOTE ]

im quite confident that your luckbox will not only get you into the tourney, but allow you to suckout your way to victory as well /images/graemlins/grin.gif

GrekeHaus
08-15-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I've now got my side bets up and working. Here are the rules:

1. The site is meant to be a matching service. If you want to make a bet, post it there and if someone wants to take you up on it, they can accept it.

2. In most cases, I'm not going to be responsible for handling money. Once someone matches a bet, it is up to the two parties involved to work out money transferring details.

3. In some cases, if the two parties wish to escrow the bets with me, they can ask me and I may or may not accept the offer.

4. If you wish to make a bet that's not listed, PM me and I can add it for you.

5. There is no VIG, but donations from big winners are always welcome. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. Any other questions, contact me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should add to this list:

7. In case of disputes, I will act as GOD.

Also, you can now enter your email into the system and it will send you an email whenever one of your bets gets matched.

Is there any other functionality people would like to see out of this?

Daliman
08-16-2005, 01:45 AM
I'm assuming on gig and Rojo bets it's no play/no action, si?

Apathy
08-16-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this same question. Or is the intention that there attendance is part of every bet containing them?

GrekeHaus
08-16-2005, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is specified at the top of the page. For bets involving a single player (such as totals or to win), that player must play at least 1 hand in the tournament.

For bets involving more than one player, each player mentioned by name must play at least one hand.

Also, it's worth making a qualification for the bet "Will the winner come from the Loser's Bracket?".

If the winner of the winner's bracket loses the first round of the championship match, he then enters the loser's bracket. Otherwise, this bet is the same as "Will the winner go undefeated?" which Apathy pointed out was also the same bet as "Will the championship match take one or two games?". I got rid of that last bet.

So if the winner of the winner's bracket loses the first game of the championship match, but then wins the second one, the winner came from the loser's bracket. So the answer is "yes".

Daliman
08-16-2005, 05:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is specified at the top of the page. For bets involving a single player (such as totals or to win), that player must play at least 1 hand in the tournament.

For bets involving more than one player, each player mentioned by name must play at least one hand.

Also, it's worth making a qualification for the bet "Will the winner come from the Loser's Bracket?".

If the winner of the winner's bracket loses the first round of the championship match, he then enters the loser's bracket. Otherwise, this bet is the same as "Will the winner go undefeated?" which Apathy pointed out was also the same bet as "Will the championship match take one or two games?". I got rid of that last bet.

So if the winner of the winner's bracket loses the first game of the championship match, but then wins the second one, the winner came from the loser's bracket. So the answer is "yes".

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is right, as the winner of the loser bracket *ends* the bracket. There is no more bracket, therefore the winner of the winners brackets never entered the loser's bracket if he loses the first match. Also, what bracket woulf the winner of the losers bracket be in if he wins the first match? The winners? The losers? Otherwiese, yes I suppose all three bets are the same essentially.

My head hurts...

GrekeHaus
08-16-2005, 06:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is right, as the winner of the loser bracket *ends* the bracket. There is no more bracket, therefore the winner of the winners brackets never entered the loser's bracket if he loses the first match. Also, what bracket woulf the winner of the losers bracket be in if he wins the first match? The winners? The losers? Otherwiese, yes I suppose all three bets are the same essentially.

My head hurts...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really a technicality. The only reason I haven't gotten rid of that bet yet is because Skipper has an unmatched bet sitting there. However, he wants 4:1 on his bet and you'd pretty much have to be a retarded monkey to take those odds. Maybe I'll kill it anyway.

--GH

Edit: I thought the loser's bracket refered to the side of the bracket opposite the winner's bracket...which would hence be everyone who had lost the game. A way to make this a more interesting bet might be to change it to "Will the eventually winner suffer a loss in the first or second round?"

wuwei
08-16-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A public listing of all matched bets?

A place I can view the brackets?

GrekeHaus
08-16-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A public listing of all matched bets?

A place I can view the brackets?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask and you shall recieve. There are about a dozen matched bets right now. I think the most intiguing of the bunch is #123. I can see both sides spending a ridiculous ammount on strippers just to win a $50 bet. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

As for a bracket, one can be found here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=3054557 &Forum=,,All_Forums,,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limit=25 &Main=3054406&Search=true&where=&Name=10938&datera nge=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bod yprev=#Post3054557)

wuwei
08-16-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As for a bracket, one can be found here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=3054557 &Forum=,,All_Forums,,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limit=25 &Main=3054406&Search=true&where=&Name=10938&datera nge=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bod yprev=#Post3054557)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, sure, but there's something to be said for getting all your sttfhu info in one place! Of course, I've looked at it enough now I can probably just remember the matchups.

Regardless, your efforts are appreciated. After I win some ridiculous amount of money off of the SFB and his silly bets, I'd be happy to take you out to lunch some time if you're interested, as my contribution to the vig for running the website.

GrekeHaus
08-16-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Regardless, your efforts are appreciated. After I win some ridiculous amount of money off of the SFB and his silly bets, I'd be happy to take you out to lunch some time if you're interested, as my contribution to the vig for running the website.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hot [censored] dude!

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be there for the tournament, so you're going to have to come to Minneapolis if you want to have lunch with me. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

wuwei
08-16-2005, 03:57 PM
I work on 5th and Hennepin, just let me know...

skipperbob
08-16-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, I'm not going to be there for the tournament

[/ QUOTE ]

Get Real....Just Do It.....Hell, think of the money you'll save just on cellphone calls from Yugo/Beef/Raptor/et.al. telling your about all the buck-nekid-scrippas /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

GrekeHaus
08-16-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, I'm not going to be there for the tournament

[/ QUOTE ]

Get Real....Just Do It.....Hell, think of the money you'll save just on cellphone calls from Yugo/Beef/Raptor/et.al. telling your about all the buck-nekid-scrippas /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I really would love to, but I just don't think that I can for a variety of reasons. Among these reasons is that I'll be moving that weekend.