PDA

View Full Version : Is this worthwhile, or should I just check-fold?

bobbyi
08-14-2005, 09:19 PM
Opponent is 27/2.5/1.7 on 200 hands. His showdown stats are 31% went and 65% won. Against someone who raises so few hands preflop, should I just give up and check-fold the flop? Once the SB had left, I thought it might be worth investing a couple bets to try to work him off the scary paired board if he has JJ or something (he could also have AJ in which case I don't want to fold). I wasn't planning to bet the turn, but this queen just killed his hand if he was in calldown mode with JJ/TT, so it seemed worthwhile to fire once more. Did I lose too much here, or was this a good effort?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (7 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: 7 BB

wheelz
08-14-2005, 09:34 PM
I think you're best off just check/folding

admiralfluff
08-14-2005, 09:37 PM
I c/f the flop, and I think the turn bet is probably bad anyways. I think he has JJ or TT at most 30% of the time here (this could be much lower as he may not raise TT), so he would need to fold them very often for the bet to show marginal profit. Given his stats and the way the hand played out, it looks like he has AA, which is probably his most likely hand after the flop bet.

dave44
08-15-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think he has JJ or TT at most 30% of the time here (this could be much lower as he may not raise TT), so he would need to fold them very often for the bet to show marginal profit.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would guess he's folding them 99% of the time, so I think the turn bet's fine.

The flop is tough because its difficult to figure out what 2.5% of hands this guy is raising. I think you're probably better off check-folding as well.

wackjob
08-15-2005, 01:55 AM
Check/fold is win here. Who knows, you might get a free turn card and spike a boat on the river!