PDA

View Full Version : Which takes more skill- PL or NL?

Easy E
03-27-2003, 05:57 PM
In your opinion, based on whatever factors that you feel are pertinent (the need to make tougher/more complex decisions, inability to blast the pot, tougher to read), is pot-limit or no-limit the more skillful game and why?

And does it depend on the game played? Are there any 7stud games, or split games, that are played NL?

D.J.
03-28-2003, 01:02 AM
I'd say Pot limit, there's more post flop play to factor in. You use all the skills of No limit and then some. Also, I like PL over NL b/c you can get away from a hand like KK a little easier by seeing a flop, whereas you might push all in preflop in NL.

-D.J.

Ray Zee
03-28-2003, 01:28 AM
pot limit for playing the cards and the money properly. no limit for playing the people. you pick the game that your skills tend to favor.

Easy E
03-28-2003, 09:41 AM
..I assume, that makes people reading so much more of a factor in NL? Or is it easier to read people in NL, given that there aren't as many betting options, or thought about betting (I'm going on a limb here), when playing NL?

Thanks

Ray Zee
03-28-2003, 11:14 AM
you are always faced with the possibility of a huge bet, where in pot you always know what bets you face and what the hand will cost to play. its not easier, its harder to read no limit players as they are betting their money rather than their card strength. so putting them on a hand is much tougher than in pot.
there are more betting options in no limit as you generally make bets much different than the pot size, as its not as crucial to build a pot early as in pot limit. as you can bet alot later on if needed.