PDA

View Full Version : KJ offsuit

Spartan1983
08-14-2005, 07:43 PM
BB is an unknown, MP2 is a typical fish 50vpi, passive.

Hero is dealt K /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif (8 handed)$3/6 Pacific

3 folds, fish calls, 2 folds, Hero raises, BB calls, fish calls
<font color="green">Was trying to get heads up with the known fish </font>

Flop: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, unknown calls, fish calls
<font color="green">I bet hoping to take it down now, or at least to get 1 fold /images/graemlins/frown.gif </font>

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero bets, unknown calls, fish calls /images/graemlins/frown.gif
<font color="green">Rag, hoping someone believes I have a hand or plays back so I know where I stand. </font>

River: K /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero checks, unknown checks, fish checks
<font color="green">I planned on a check/call,(weak?). Now that I have top pair I want to see a showdown, not get check/raised. </font>

Thoughts? Thanks.

soweak.
08-14-2005, 07:48 PM
Bet the river.

most of the time you have the best hand here. If you are trying to check/raise with one passive player and one unknown you have to be sure the unknown is gonna bet here. Just play it straightforward and rake in the last 2 BB from worse hands.

Jake (The Snake)
08-14-2005, 07:48 PM
Bet the river, you will get calls from a 9 or 8 plenty.

If one of them had a 3 they very likely would have raised the turn.

cold_cash
08-14-2005, 07:49 PM
After being called in both places on the flop I would check the turn and see what happens.

If I was still around on the river I'd bet.

(It's also easier to respond if you put the pot size in there.)

JohnnyPhoenix
08-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Definitely BET! But what was the pot size? What was the outcome?

Johnny

Spartan1983
08-14-2005, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the replies. Pot size was 4.6 BB/s

teajay
08-14-2005, 08:41 PM
I don't understand the logic for not betting the river. You were firing bets in the pot trying to win it uncontested, but that didn't work. So when you actually have a hand, you stop betting.

Bet the river.

ArturiusX
08-14-2005, 09:48 PM
I think you'll find a substantial amount of times you get raised by these donks, your hand will still be good.