PDA

View Full Version : MG goes shopping in Borders..

Mike Gallo
03-27-2003, 04:35 PM
I stopped into Borders today during my lunch hour (yes I work). I could not believe the selection of poker books that they sell. They had almost all of the books from Two Plus Two.

I picked up Tournament Poker for Advanced Players, the Tao of Poker, and the legendary Super System from Doyle Brunson.

I just thought I would share with everyone. I look forward to reading through these books.

Michael

JTG51
03-27-2003, 04:44 PM
I've noticed the same thing. Here in CT anyway, Borders has by far the best selection of poker books. Much better than Barns and Noble.

Amanjyaku
03-27-2003, 08:07 PM
Let us know what you thought of Tao of Poker.

Ed Miller
03-28-2003, 07:48 AM
I've noticed the same thing. Here in CT anyway, Borders has by far the best selection of poker books. Much better than Barns and Noble.

Same thing in.... err... sunny... Seattle.

Mason Malmuth
03-28-2003, 12:23 PM
Hi MG:

Borders does a very good job of carrying our books. Barnes & Noble also carries them but their coverage is not quite as good. We understand that this has something to do with the size of the stores.

Best wishes,
Mason

rkiray
03-28-2003, 03:28 PM
Gee I don't want this to be pick on Mason day, but this sounds strange to me. Most of the B&Ns I've seen are bigger than most of the Border's I've seen, and Border's uses alot more of their space for music than B&N's. Maybe this is just an excuse they give you. I know the B&N's I frequent the most usually only has one or two of your very high quality books and many more books that appear stupid to me "Poker for dummies" etc. (BTW are you ever going to review "Poker for dummies" if you have I haven't seen it).

Rick

Mason Malmuth
03-28-2003, 03:32 PM
Hi ...Ray:

Not all B&N stores are the super size, while all the Borders are. But you're still right. B&N, while getting better, does not do as good a job of carrying our books as does Borders.

I have not read Poker for Dummies and so no review is currently coming.

Best wishes,
Mason

jim grass
03-28-2003, 09:05 PM
Here in canada the major stores carry only the very worst of generic poker books...theres Poker for dummies, Andy Nelsons books,to name a few and absolutely nothing from 2+2....