PDA

View Full Version : TP w/ J9o out of BB River Decision

Jgents
08-14-2005, 06:03 PM
No stats on UTG, he just sat down.

CO is very loose but mildly aggro, almost borderline passive preflop. Loves to go crazy on the flop with any pair+draw, and other marginal hands but in later streets will not get out of line. 70/21/1.39. Only 41 hands in my current database but in my old database I had him w/ more hands and remember his play somewhat.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, CO calls.

River: (7.70 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero...

Final Pot: 10.70 BB

Rubeskies
08-14-2005, 06:19 PM
Bet/3-bet the flop.

Jgents
08-14-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet/3-bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my standard line, but in this case I decided to wait for the turn to do a better job of folding overs and perhaps small-middle pairs. Looking back, I may have botched this and made my decision at the river unnecessarily more difficult. Considering how I played it, what do you do at the river.

Rubeskies
08-14-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet/3-bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

in this case I decided to wait for the turn to do a better job of folding overs and perhaps small-middle pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are great reasons to bet into this guy on the flop because it sounds like he will raise a very high percentage of the time giving you the perfect chance to protect your hand. The 3-bet is for value.

[ QUOTE ]
Considering how I played it, what do you do at the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your read is that "he won't get out of line on later streets" and if you trust it then bet/fold is fine.