PDA

View Full Version : abbreviations list?

08-14-2005, 05:35 PM
Online chat/forum/poker-posting newberry. I've done several unsuccessful searches here for a good list of abbreviations commonly used for poker terms/chat terms that I keep seeing in various posts here [e.g. TAP (tight...?), UI (you idiot?), etc.]. Help me...I'm lost without a good list!!!

BTW /images/graemlins/grin.gif, the official 2+2 abbreviations list is, IMO /images/graemlins/grin.gif, surprisingly woeful, all apologies to the braintrust. [e.g. no mention of the universally-used 'TAG' or others like it, but plenty of 'doozies' like AZ (Arizona!), LA (Los Angeles!), SWAL (Southwest Airlines (?!)), and my personal favorite EWRT (each way round trip (?!)). Just a suggestion, but more attention paid to the abbreviations list would be mighty helpful to all the poker & chat newbs on here like me !!
Thanks

AKQJ10
08-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Here's a list some of us are trying to develop:

http://poker.wikicities.com/wiki/List_of_abbreviations

If you don't see what you're looking for, post it on the talk page there or on this thread and we'll try to add it.

And of course, anyone who sees anything missing and knows what it stands for, feel free to add it.

08-14-2005, 09:23 PM
I didn't see this one there, and I see it used a lot: UI

Thanks.

jimcrow2
08-14-2005, 09:48 PM
UI is unimproved. /images/graemlins/smile.gif