PDA

View Full Version : Something I noticed. Low Content.

Bob T.
08-14-2005, 04:45 PM
The other day, I bought some lumber, including several 12' decking boards. I have an extended cab truck, with a 6 foot bed, so the 12' boards stick out about 3 or 4 feet beyond the back of my truck with the gate down.

On the way back, I noticed a pickup truck coming up behind me, and eventually he settled in about 30 feet behind my truck. When he got closer, I saw that he had apparently rearended someone before, because the grill and front end of his truck was all messed up. But that didn't stop him from pulling right up behind the little red flag on my lumber.

Last night, I saw the same thing. I open raise with AJ suited. One coldcaller. The flop is AJx, I bet, get raised, I reraise, and he calls. Turn A, I bet, get raised, reraise, and he calls. River 9. This time we go four bets as he caps it, and turns over A9.

About a lap later, I open raise with AK, and get coldcalled by the same player. The flop is Kxx, I bet and get called. An Ace comes on the turn, and we go three bets, and then he calls on the river with Ax(not two pair).

I just about asked him if he owned a pickup truck with the grill all messed up. I understand about making mistakes, but the least you can do is try and learn from them.

bottomset
08-14-2005, 08:38 PM
I think if I never made the same poker mistake twice, I'd be a hell of a lot richer than I am

MicroBob
08-14-2005, 08:46 PM
pick-up drivers everywhere will be mad at you for calling them bad poker players.

bicyclekick
08-14-2005, 08:51 PM
Just yesterday I mentioned you to a friend (because you have a new house in shakopee and i'm looking at houses) and wondered if you were still alive.

Welcome back.

sfer
08-14-2005, 09:29 PM
Well said and welcome back Bob.

slavic
08-14-2005, 11:25 PM
Nice to see you back Bob

Punker
08-15-2005, 12:23 AM
He went 3 bets on the turn and 4 bets on the river the first hand with a full house.

He went 3 bets on the turn and 1 bet on the river on the second hand with top three of a kind.

Sounds like he learned something. Congratulations on your witty rejoined however. I'm sure you would have smoothly laid down the trip aces in the second hand.

Bob T.
08-15-2005, 03:01 AM
On the second hand he just had top pair. I Dont necessarily think that he misplayed postflop, but he got into both situations by coldcalling with A9, and Ax. And that is why he reminded me of the pickup driver tailgaiting after he already rearended someone.

cold_cash
08-15-2005, 03:50 AM
Hi Bob.

PokerBob
08-15-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I understand about making mistakes, but the least you can do is try and learn from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

sssshhhhhhh

MaxPower
08-15-2005, 10:26 AM
Is this Bob T. or Ray Zee?

Come back more often Bob. I've been wondering where you were?

Guthrie
08-15-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The other day, I bought some lumber, including several 12' decking boards. I have an extended cab truck, with a 6 foot bed, so the 12' boards stick out about 3 or 4 feet beyond the back of my truck with the gate down.

[/ QUOTE ]

You slowplayed him. Your boards actually stuck out 6 feet.