PDA

View Full Version : Bubble--Big Stack Push Question?

Paul Thomson
08-14-2005, 04:15 PM
What do you think about this push? I've been abusing the table with my big stack. More or less putting everyone one in. i've been playing probably 50% of the hands in the last two blinds.

I decided before the flop after my opponent called that if an ace didn't drop, I'm going to check-raise him all in. With the intention of making him a short stack instead of medium sized, since all my steals had to go through him. What do you think of my play and idea?

I play on a mac so I don't own powertools and can't check the analysis that way. Should I push preflop? I feel that 66 is just too small of a pair. I'd probably push with 88 or higher.

No-limit Texas Hold'em $20+$2

Seat 1: paulethomson [6S,6D] ($6,235 in chips)
Seat 3: The_Talisker ($3,880 in chips)
Seat 6: steevereno ($2,070 in chips)
Seat 10: spit...fire ($2,815 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
steevereno posts blind ($100), spit...fire posts blind ($200).

PRE-FLOP
paulethomson bets $500, The_Talisker calls $500, steevereno folds, spit...fire folds.

FLOP [board cards 2C,3C,KS ]
paulethomson checks, The_Talisker bets $800, paulethomson bets $5,735 and is all-in, The_Talisker calls $2,580 and is all-in.

bluefeet
08-14-2005, 10:52 PM
FWIW, I would just push this PF. With 3 very equal stacks, I'm continuing the 'abuse'.

Ps. I don't hate the reraise all-in either. But letting him in w/KTo or the like is a shame.