PDA

View Full Version : How do you get a Juicy seat next to a fish?

ProsperousOne
08-14-2005, 04:04 PM
This is an extract of another thread, but I think my question got buried and deserves its own thread...

In his "$6000 in 60days progress" thread, BottomSet states,
"as for table selection, I mainly look for getting position on a bad player or 2, I don't really look for table VPIPs I look for good seats, which usually endup being good tables."

I in contrast, look for high VP$IP tables with low agression (hence, why I'm probably a net -BB player!)

I never whould have thougt to do this...In reading Excession's PT guide, he always talks about where to sit, but I've never figured out how to implement it, as I get on a waiting list for a full table, then get stuck where ever...

How do you get a good seat? Do you data mine a table before sitting down?

Would you mind telling your criteria for a "bad player(s), and where you sit in relation to them (L-R)?

Finally, Excession gives his typical poker routine... He first data mines for 30 minues or so on 4 tables (while he plays a sng or something)... Then he returns to find his seat. Again, my problem is that the "good" seat, if there is one, usually isn't available. Would you mind describing your process of finding the juicy seats? (wait... that sounds sick) er, Good seats?

Am I missing some way to change seats at a full table (get on a waiting list for a specific seat, like in a B&M?)

ProsperousOne
08-14-2005, 11:58 PM
Bump....

Is this a taboo subject? I'm surprized I didn't get any replies, when the thread I started on Bots took on a life of its own

MrWookie47
08-15-2005, 12:07 AM
I think it's that we've just had about 3 posts in as many days about table/seat selection. The most sure-fire way is to just sit down, start playing, and see if you have a good seat. If not, get a new table. Lather, rinse, repeat.