PDA

View Full Version : neighbor troubles

man
08-14-2005, 12:35 PM
so last night me and my friend were walking to another friend's house, and we passed my own house on the way. two houses before mine there was a fairly loud party of a bunch of meatheads that I'd seen and exchanged polite nods to before. a few feet after we passed them and exchanged polite nods I muttered "f-ing douchebags" under my breath. my friend said "that was a little loud, dude" and immediately the guys at the party started yelling at us for obvious reasons. we went a hundred or so feet and when they wouldn't stop my friend turned around and smashed a bottle on the sidewalk.

so, now my neighbors presumably hate me, and I'm pretty sure they know where I live. I don't want this to escalate any further. should I talk to them? pretend it didn't happen? start a war? have a breakdancing competition? thoughts appreciated.

08-14-2005, 12:38 PM

gorie
08-14-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't want this to escalate any further. should I talk to them? pretend it didn't happen? start a war? have a breakdancing competition? thoughts appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm pretty sure the correct answer is to start a war. this is the only way to not let things escalate any further.

kurosh
08-14-2005, 01:06 PM
I am undecided.

trying2learn
08-14-2005, 01:09 PM
why would you mutter, "f'n douchebags?"

it sounds like you have started this on your own by being a prick.

bishopstrt
08-14-2005, 01:11 PM
Apologize for being a prick and follow through with the breakdancing idea.

HopeydaFish
08-14-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't want this to escalate any further. should I talk to them? pretend it didn't happen? start a war? have a breakdancing competition? thoughts appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm pretty sure the correct answer is to start a war. this is the only way to not let things escalate any further.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I like his idea of a breakdancing competition. I think this is the obvious play.

mslif
08-14-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so last night me and my friend were walking to another friend's house, and we passed my own house on the way. two houses before mine there was a fairly loud party of a bunch of meatheads that I'd seen and exchanged polite nods to before. a few feet after we passed them and exchanged polite nods I muttered "f-ing douchebags" under my breath. my friend said "that was a little loud, dude" and immediately the guys at the party started yelling at us for obvious reasons. we went a hundred or so feet and when they wouldn't stop my friend turned around and smashed a bottle on the sidewalk.

so, now my neighbors presumably hate me, and I'm pretty sure they know where I live. I don't want this to escalate any further. should I talk to them? pretend it didn't happen? start a war? have a breakdancing competition? thoughts appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go apologize. Tell them that you acted immaturely and you will not be creating any more disturbances.

Yeti
08-14-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why would you mutter, "f'n douchebags?"

it sounds like you have started this on your own by being a prick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger15SB
08-14-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
we went a hundred or so feet and when they wouldn't stop my friend turned around and smashed a bottle on the sidewalk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow he sure showed them!

trying2learn
08-14-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Apologize for being a prick and follow through with the breakdancing idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the correct solution.

touchfaith
08-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Yes, appologize. You have a big enough war on your hands with the second poster already.

Also, consider barricading yourself inside your house if you cannot aviod these situations in the future.

Eurotrash
08-14-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf?

eastbay
08-14-2005, 02:33 PM
I think the proper title for this post is "self troubles".

eastbay

nothumb
08-14-2005, 02:44 PM
In the future, don't make fun of meatheads until you grow some balls. In fact, don't go outside.

NT

08-14-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
start a war?

[/ QUOTE ]
pretty sure you covered that one

man
08-14-2005, 03:13 PM
maybe "I was a dick, now what" would've been a better title. the thing is that I'm usually a pretty mellow guy so I don't really get myself into these situations much, and now I'm plainly clueless as to how to fix it. (I'm also a pretty dumb drunk, obviously.) I probably should just sack up and apologize but for some reason I felt like another solution was out there. thanks for les responses

MrTrik
08-14-2005, 04:08 PM
I'd go over there with a 12-pak or a new bottle of something as a gift, apologize, tell them you were in a bad mood with "chick troubles", apologize again, and hope you don't get your melon squashed.

Second, I'd be prepared for the question: "Why DO you think we're d-bags?". Just in case.

Apathy
08-14-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd go over there with a 12-pak or a new bottle of something as a gift, apologize, tell them you were in a bad mood with "chick troubles", apologize again, and hope you don't get your melon squashed.

Second, I'd be prepared for the question: "Why DO you think we're d-bags?". Just in case.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a pussy.

MrTrik
08-14-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a pussy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're entitled to your opinion. All I know on this is that neighbors can make life a living hell for those around them. I never get into that stuff, but I have seen it happen in various neighborhoods.

Oh, and GFY.

TxSteve
08-14-2005, 04:23 PM
dude...stop being such an [censored]...

especially to your neighbors who you will be eeing often.

just go take your ass beating like a grown man and move on with your life

montechristo
08-14-2005, 07:37 PM
break it down, beatstreet style.

Reef
08-14-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. I found this conan thing funny

You obviously need to have a walk-off i.e. zoolander style

man
08-14-2005, 10:40 PM
I don't feel humiliated if that's what you're getting at. bottom line is that I was the douchebag, and I'd like to find a way to fix it if it's even worth it.. which is debatable. I think I'm gonna have to learn some serious moves to win this one. or, I could express my regret through an interpretive dance on their lawn at twilight.

Shajen
08-15-2005, 10:47 AM
MrTrik gave the correct response.

You don't want to piss off your neighbors.

Fessing up and apologizing is the correct move.

(Oh and results?)

codewarrior
08-15-2005, 10:57 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/QuantumDot/douche.jpg

jakethebake
08-15-2005, 11:12 AM
So they had a party on Sat. night.

You called them douchebags and your friend threw a bottle.

Who are the douchebags again? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Indiana
08-15-2005, 11:14 AM
Will try to make this as short as possible. I had your same problem in undergrad. My suitemates were very loud redneck north carolinan pieces of trailer park trash...well you get the idea. These guys would stay up late every night and play loud music and throw the football, and just screwing around. So I bought a fan to drown out the noise...but I'm an insomniac and I couldn't get over the constant commotion in the hall. Finally, I had had enough and called the campus security on these guys....Like you, I made the wrong move because the guys were reeeealy pissed and a war started. They left me nasty notes on my door, they were even louder, and now the football "accidently" kept hitting my door at 3 am. So me and my craaaaaazy ass roomate starting fighting back. We borrowed a guitar amplifiar and put it right next to their door at 6 am after they had been asleep for a few hours. We then proceeded to hook it up to a sound system and blasted the song "She's my cherry pie, look so good make a grown man cry" into their door. The next day it was Hendrix and so on....Finally our RA had to get involved, but as always nobody else but you can solve ur problems.

So how did this situation resolve? I had finally had enough and one night I just walked into their room, and said "Fellas, I've been an azzhole this semester and I just want to say I'm sorry." I walked out and that was the end of the war.

So sometimes you just gotta go and be real with these people. There was another incident where i called some girls bitches in my girlfriend's suite for constant noise making.....and boy, the fury of these women was insane. That one was resolved a little differently, I wrote an apology letter and slipped it under their door.

Say your sorry and buy these guys some brews or whisky.

The End. Indy