PDA

View Full Version : Bluffing the whole way

Stefan_K
08-14-2005, 12:09 PM
CO is 45/24 50ASB 1.9/1.8/1.6 after 150
Button is 23/14 2.5/3.3/2.3 after 401
SB is 58/9 .8/1/1.6 after 1530

Party Poker 5/10(6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666"></font>Folded To CO who limp, Button limp, SB complete, Hero Raise, CO Fold, Button and SB Calls

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero Bet, Button folds, SB Call.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero Bet, SB Call

River: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero Bet

I guess that many people will dissagree with the pre raise, my thougt whas that if CO raise with close to 50% of his hands (sample size..) he did not have much of hand and i also thught that my hand was superior to Button and SB but if i would come to this situation again i would prob just check, but i would be glad to hear comments on all streets as this hand whas played

Fabian
08-14-2005, 01:52 PM
I guess that many people will dissagree with the pre raise, my thougt whas that if CO raise with close to 50% of his hands (sample size..)

This is a very very good reason to disregard stats if you have too few hands.

Check the river. He's not calling with anything you beat and you're now winning against any duece and all the various strange draws etc so you want to see a showdown.

Stefan_K
08-14-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[i]
Check the river. He's not calling with anything you beat and you're now winning against any duece and all the various strange draws etc so you want to see a showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought i could get a king to fold

ep510
08-14-2005, 02:02 PM
A bet on the river might get a hand like Ax, Kx, or Qx (to prevent split) of spades to fold, so a bet might be worthwhile if you have reason to think these hands are likely enough and that villian will fold them. In general, villian seems like the classic calling station, so I'll just check behind river. I'd check turn here since you're behind most of the time to an Ax, Kx, or pocket pair. Since villian is decently passive, I like checking turn even moreso because you might even get a free showdown.