PDA

View Full Version : A post unrelated to the war (on Iraq)

ripdog
03-27-2003, 05:20 AM
Big brother IS watching. Check this article out: Seattle Times Article (http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=website09&date=20030309&query=paraphe rnalia )

The funny thing is that in Washington State we're about to release anyone who was convicted of a minor drug offense because we can't afford to keep them locked up. I think I'd rather have them visiting the drug paraphernalia site rather than going here: get your very own fully automatic machine gun here (http://www.revelationarms.com/machine.html)

Nice of them to include step-by-step instructions on how to become a qualified to purchase one of these puppy's.

HDPM
03-27-2003, 11:30 AM
Clearly the restrictions on automatic and silenced weapons are unconstitutional. I was sad to be reminded of the violations of our civil liberties we just accept now. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

ripdog
03-27-2003, 03:04 PM
What about my right to buy a stylish new bong? When I'm in a hurry and want a quick smoke I like to put a Camel into the bowl and take it down in two tokes--I meant puffs, of course. It's good to know, though, that even if your rights are somewhat restricted, you can still legally get your hands on a fully automatic AK-47. I wonder how long it would take thye ATF to knock on your door after you bring one of those things home. Do you think they'd knock? I'm just relieved that Ashhole has got his priorities straight. Imagine the carnage of a couple of misguided teens in possession of a water pipe or, heaven forbid, a coke spoon. This kind of thing leads me to believe that morons are in power.

Jimbo
03-27-2003, 03:41 PM
Ripdog are you advocating a new amendment to the constitution?

A right to bear bongs.

HDPM
03-27-2003, 04:55 PM
Yes, when it comes to Ashcroft morons are in power. They had a coupla busts around here in the federal bong crackdown. They spent a lot of resources on some basically harmless crap. One guy wasn't exactly harmless or an innocent victim of oppression, but overall it was basically stupid. Particularly with the stuff around that the feds could be working on. You are right, a big reason not to buy a full auto weapon or silencer is that the ATF will keep tabs on you.

brad
03-28-2003, 11:10 AM
under the federal constitution, its already a right reserved by the states or by the people.

so if its a federal law its unconstitutional on the face of it, as are all federal drug laws.

ripdog
03-28-2003, 02:01 PM
What I'm advocating is for people like Ashcroft to stop wasting my tax dollars--well, your tax dollars really--on silly programs like "Operation Pipe Dreams". I'm currently paying $1600 a quarter in tuition and I'd like to see some of that money go towards lowering the cost of higher education. I can't believe what the out of state kids are paying per quarter-- $5800 or something. Watching those maddening commercials that attempt to link casual drug use to terrorism, along with stories like this make me angry. We can't find a better use of those funds? Whatever--it's just a diversion anyway.