PDA

View Full Version : Naked Aces in SNGs, push or fold?

Burdzthewurd
08-14-2005, 11:36 AM
I play as many PLO SNGs as possible when running on Pokerroom, as the competition is very soft (I rarely see anyone from the cash games enter these, and def. have never seen Tilt /images/graemlins/tongue.gif). My question was what would be best to do with AAxx to big action (usually the first hand). It will go something like minraise-call-call-pot-raise-call-call. I'm able to get more than 50% of my stack in, and it's likely it will be a multi-way all-in against some other big pairs like KKxx, QQxx, and maybe a suited ace.

- Reasons for shoving
- Get a huge chiplead if I win

- Reasons for folding
- It's just AAxx, my equity can't be that good even against all those other pairs
- Players suck at these, I can pick a better spot

I suppose calling is an option, and pushing if I spike an A or the board is really ragged, but doesn't seem like that great of a choice. Thoughts?

Burdzthewurd
08-14-2005, 11:58 PM
Bump

Anyone?

FlyingSumo
08-15-2005, 12:14 AM
I say muck. If you are killing these games you should be ITM like 50 %+, you will definitly see betters spots.

joewatch
08-15-2005, 01:46 AM
Aren't SNGs a bit boring? You play fewer hands, more luck is involved, and sometimes you play for 3 hours just to finish out of the money. Well, at least I do. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Burdzthewurd
08-15-2005, 02:04 AM
Nah, PLO SNGs are fun, people really start to suck when it gets near the bubble, and I never see any of these players in the ring games, a lot of them are NLHE players fooling around.

bobman0330
08-15-2005, 10:39 AM
Push, push, push, please.

Why exactly are you worried about finding a better spot? If pushing will improve your ICM equity, take it. If you bust, just play another SNG.