PDA

View Full Version : Four Brothers - Movie Review

AEKDBet
08-14-2005, 11:31 AM
By the previews I had no intention of seeing this movie, or even wasting a sunday afternoon watching a friends rip from the net.

This movie went well above my expectations. It's still a popcorn & soda flick (popcorn and beer would be more accurate), but I think most will be pleasantly suprised. Go see it.

TheBlueMonster
08-14-2005, 12:00 PM
I was planning on seeing it eventually. Of course there are at least a half dozen films I have to see before I pay 8 bucks for a remade revenge film.

Voltron87
08-14-2005, 12:04 PM
andre 3000's "this is detroit in case y'all forgot" line single handedly decimated any chance of me seeing this movie.

nothumb
08-14-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
andre 3000's "this is detroit in case y'all forgot" line single handedly decimated any chance of me seeing this movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

This movie was pretty good. Andre had a couple of real duds where you can tell he's new at this acting thing, but he wasn't that bad overall.

NT

Voltron87
08-14-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This movie was pretty good. Andre had a couple of real duds where you can tell he's new at this acting thing, but he wasn't that bad overall.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

my issue with the line isnt the delivery... the line is just lame and awful. im not passing on the movie because of andre, i dont mind him.

nothumb
08-14-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

my issue with the line isnt the delivery... the line is just lame and awful. im not passing on the movie because of andre, i dont mind him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see the previews (I don't have cable TV) and this line didn't stick out as really bad in the context of the movie.

NT

AEKDBet
08-14-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This movie isn't a rare gem, but its entertaining. Yes it has lines that are bad, but they are in the minority.

I'd say it's one of those movies you could watch on the couch with some beers and friends.

poker-penguin
08-14-2005, 01:44 PM
How could this movie not be great???? It's got four brothers!!!11!! Two of them are white and two are black!11!!!

OMG - Mark Whalberg is rocks and rings! LOLOLOL!

Their MOTHER gets set up and they revenge her!onetyeleven!

I give this movie a gajillion bo-billion out of ten!!!111 ROFL! BRB!

Bulldog
08-14-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How could this movie not be great???? It's got four brothers!!!11!! Two of them are white and two are black!11!!!

OMG - Mark Whalberg is rocks and rings! LOLOLOL!

Their MOTHER gets set up and they revenge her!onetyeleven!

I give this movie a gajillion bo-billion out of ten!!!111 ROFL! BRB!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this funny?

Willluck
08-14-2005, 02:15 PM
I normally don't go for these movies, but the previews were enticing and I like Marky Mark, so I think I will go watch it later this afternoon.