PDA

View Full Version : KK 6max hand

inders
08-14-2005, 06:02 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) HandConverter Link (http://www.urmomlol.com/handconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP ($35.39)
Button ($37.80)
SB ($51.35)
BB ($48.45)
Hero ($49.10)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
Hero raises to $2, MP calls $2, 2 folds, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.25) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $3, MP folds, BB raises to $6, Hero raises to $12, BB calls $6.

Turn: ($30.25) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $12, BB raises to $34.45, Hero calls $22.45.

River: ($97.15) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 players)

Final Pot: $97.15

Should I have folded the turn?

edit: forgot to mention is $50 buy in, but that's probably obvious from the stack sizes

theblitz
08-14-2005, 06:28 AM
You flop play is far to weak.
$3 is less that 1/2 the pot. Should be at least 5.

After his mini-raise you should be making a pot size re-raise. The way you did it you put $6 into a $15 pot.
I might even consider pushing here. Certainly I would raise to at least $15 and probably $20.

jacknine
08-14-2005, 07:35 AM
I would've made a bigger raise preflop. 4x BB UTG should be good enough - however in my experience, in shorthanded games at this limit, you don't get the credit for the strength you've signalled and don't get heads up on the flop - which is what I want...
With two players behind me I would personally perfer to overbet that flop and take the pot there. Apart from that, fully agree with Blitz' comments.

yvesaint
08-14-2005, 11:00 AM
Pre-flop is fine, I think 4xBB is enough. If you make it 5-6xBB, I think it gives away your hand too easily.

Bet pot on the flop, not 1/2, and I don't think an overbet is needed. You are protecting your hand, but you want top pair to call, and this isn't a very draw-heavy flop (though of course, there are draws).

Why the small raise back? Not only that, why the small bet on the turn? I think if you were going to raise him back on the flop, it should be a sizeable raise.

I think you should have called the flop mini-raise. The pot would be about $18 on the turn, if he checks to you, bet in the $10-15 range, depending on the turn card. If he raises you there, I think you can let it go, unless you have a read on him as a LAG or a maniac who thinks top pair is good to go.

amoeba
08-14-2005, 12:58 PM
2/3 pot to pot on the flop. other streets can not be commented on without knowledge of how he reacted to this.

the way you played it, call his minicheckraise, 1/2 pot the turn.