PDA

View Full Version : Lions -2 1/2 in week 1??

08-14-2005, 05:23 AM
at home vs. Green Bay. Lions have alot of young talent and GB's defense is so weak that even Harrington should play well. Also Green Bay looks like the least improved team this year--drafting a QB in the first round.

is this a good bet or am i an overly optimistic homer?

craig r
08-14-2005, 06:11 AM
My guess would be to wait. I think (and I could be wrong), but the money will come in on GB. They are a popular team to bet. Also, it is currently 1.5 at Pinny right now.

craig

hobbes9324
08-14-2005, 05:28 PM
I wouldn't read too much into the 1st round pick - Green Bay wasn't going to get anyone that late that was going to make a difference in the first game of the year.

I also would GRAB 3, if you can get it - anyone with any interest in football knows that the Packers stink in Detroit.

On the other hand, they ARE still the lions........

08-14-2005, 06:02 PM
GRAB 3? move the line to 3 in order to get a better price?

Besides the draft, GB did very little in free agency. i just see these teams going in different directions.

scalf
08-14-2005, 08:23 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif..well, kid..

this is the year the lions growwl...will have a big huge play preseason; once i am convinced they will play to win...

lol

really; i like the lions here; ans see about a pick-um game in sept.; but the wise guys could jump on this: farve in a dome; traditional rivalry that would boost deeeetroit early...

gl

jmho

see ya at eight mile road..

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

ftball0000
08-14-2005, 09:55 PM
Regarding Farve in a dome, it's only the metrodome he has troubles in, his "other" dome stats are actually better than his home stats. I got this info from Football Prospectus 2005

Hope this helps w/ the bet,
-Ftball

tech
08-15-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My guess would be to wait. I think (and I could be wrong), but the money will come in on GB. They are a popular team to bet. Also, it is currently 1.5 at Pinny right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Craig nailed this one. Obviously preseason could change things, but as of now I would expect you to be able to find this line at or near pk in the week before the game.

A_C_Slater
08-15-2005, 01:47 AM
Harrington went 9/9 for 100 yards and no INTs in the preseason opener.

My prediction:

Lions -- 56

Green Bay -- 3

hobbes9324
08-15-2005, 01:56 AM
Sorry if I wasn't clear - I don't think the line is going to move much up OR down - if you can get 2 1/2 take it.

Maybe the two teams are moving in opposite directions - but it isn't like the Lions have won anything this century.....
and I still don't like your QB. Having said that, GB is awful in Detroit. Three seems about right.