PDA

View Full Version : 300BB stacks, juicy NL100 6max, AA oop vs nutpeddler

TreyOfLight
08-14-2005, 04:06 AM
Subject says it all. Anyone like?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 max, 6 handed)

6-handed, MP has $293.47 and Hero has everyone covered.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
CO posts a blind of $1. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero pushes</font>, folded around.

Final Pot: $5.50

yvesaint
08-14-2005, 04:10 AM
Getting sick of playing AA OOP? What has he been mini-raising with? I think you're only getting called by KK, though I could see him talking himself into calling with QQ. Everything else he's folding.

Benholio
08-14-2005, 04:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Getting sick of playing AA OOP? What has he been mini-raising with? I think you're only getting called by KK, though I could see him talking himself into calling with QQ. Everything else he's folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck, a nutpeddler might even fold KK for 300BB preflop into a 6BB pot. I know I would probably fold it unless I knew the raiser was nuts, and even then I'd have to dig deep.

TreyOfLight
08-14-2005, 04:17 AM
He's 45/13 in 60 hands, which is about the tight side of average for 6-max. Raising from mid-position, I'd put him on a mid-high pair / AK / AQ, maybe AJ or a high suited connector.

Benholio
08-14-2005, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He's 45/13 in 60 hands, which is about the tight side of average for 6-max. Raising from mid-position, I'd put him on a mid-high pair / AK / AQ, maybe AJ or a high suited connector.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait. If this guy is a nutpeddler and he's 45/13 in 60 hands, he's on some kind of heater. (or maybe you are meaning something else by nutpeddler)

Out of the range of hands you put him on, how many will he call his entire stack on PF here? This determines whether this is a good move or not.

xorbie
08-14-2005, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero pushes</font>, folded around.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, 45/13 is not the tight side of 6 max. It's still loose, it's still agressive (preflop). Second of all, a minraise from someone with those stats means anything whatsoever. Third of all, this is a pretty terrible way to play AA.

TreyOfLight
08-14-2005, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wait. If this guy is a nutpeddler and he's 45/13 in 60 hands, he's on some kind of heater. (or maybe you are meaning something else by nutpeddler)

[/ QUOTE ]

The table had a lot of donators and weak players, his was probably the second-lowest VPIP there. By nutpeddler I mean that he's cautious with one pair and isn't going to lose a big pot to unimproved AA.

[ QUOTE ]
Out of the range of hands you put him on, how many will he call his entire stack on PF here? This determines whether this is a good move or not.

[/ QUOTE ]Maybe KK. Probably just AA.

savman
08-14-2005, 05:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, 45/13 is not the tight side of 6 max. It's still loose, it's still agressive (preflop). Second of all, a minraise from someone with those stats means anything whatsoever. Third of all, this is a pretty terrible way to play AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

this says it all

BZ_Zorro
08-14-2005, 05:52 AM
The stacks are too deep for this to work very often. I've experimented a lot with pushing AA pf, it works best when you've got 100BB or less, in an unraised pot with many limpers OR against a big opening raise which signals KK/QQ/AKs.

Against a min raise, you're better off making a ridiculously large raise, say to 20 or something. Or just play it normally, which is preferable IMO.

TreyOfLight
08-14-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Or just play it normally, which is preferable IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a normal way to play this.

Say I make it 10 to go and he calls. $25 in the pot, flop Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif. I lead for $20, he makes it $100. He could hold AQ, a 12-outer, AKs, all kinds of things. I can't fold, but if I call there will be $225 on the turn, he'll have $200 behind and I'll have one pair.

The whole point is that I don't see big leaks in his game. It's entirely possible that he's the better player. He has position and (assuming I 3-bet pf) a clear picture of my holdings. Meanwhile, the table is full of free money that I'm positioned to cart away in 350BB chunks.

And last but not least, big pots have a catnip effect on certain players. If he's one of these and makes a bloodlust push, he's going to win the pot because I can't afford to look him up.

Does it make me a sissy to admit I'm dizzied by this prospect?

yvesaint
08-14-2005, 11:50 AM
So you're saying you feel Villain is better than you, and he's the only one that can possibly stack you, so you're going to avoid all big pots against him unless you hold the nuts?

I think if your 3-bet pf reveals your holdings as AA-QQ, you should be re-raising more. Especially his mini-raises.

TreyOfLight
08-14-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So you're saying you feel Villain is better than you, and he's the only one that can possibly stack you, so you're going to avoid all big pots against him unless you hold the nuts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I have him covered, but by less than 100BB, so either way I'm back to one buyin and the distinction is academic.

[ QUOTE ]
I think if your 3-bet pf reveals your holdings as AA-QQ, you should be re-raising more. Especially his mini-raises.

[/ QUOTE ]Hmm. I make that kind of play routinely when 2-tabling and rarely when 4-tabling (as I was here), I guess because I miss a lot of the precursor cues.

DoomSlice
08-14-2005, 03:55 PM
MOH is dead, find a new one.

vanHelsing
08-14-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Say I make it 10 to go and he calls. $25 in the pot, flop Q 9 2. I lead for $20, he makes it $100. He could hold AQ, a 12-outer, AKs, all kinds of things. I can't fold, but if I call there will be $225 on the turn, he'll have $200 behind and I'll have one pair.

[/ QUOTE ]
- Get confindence in your ability to lay down one pair hands when you sense you are beat.
- Don't refuse to play real Poker postflop. You have AA - make money of it.