PDA

View Full Version : playing with water pistols

oreogod
08-14-2005, 03:05 AM
6max hand, no reads.

Anybody take a different line? I thought about going another bet on the flop (but it doesnt do much for me) and I thought about raising the river (with the line I took).

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8 BB

donger
08-14-2005, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
6max hand, no reads.

Anybody take a different line? I thought about going another bet on the flop (but it doesnt do much for me) and I thought about raising the river (with the line I took).

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Would your river raise be for value? In spots like this, I don't see villain folding any pair.

I like the way you played it. 3-betting just opens yourself to a cap on the flop and probably won't get you a free card if you check the turn.

oreogod
08-14-2005, 03:55 AM
yeah I thought another bet on the flop would be bad (even though I wanted to do it, I knew it would be no good...I have lagish urges when I play a limit lower than Im used to).

River...I was actually thinking its a value raise, only thing is...he's either folding or threebetting most of the time, so there is no value in the raise. So rational thinking made me not do it...but again, the urge was there.