PDA

View Full Version : Conan or Jay? Who do you like?

Lawrence Ng
08-14-2005, 02:23 AM
For the last few years I find Conan O'Brian far more entertaining than Jay Leno. Conan is sharper, quicker and wittier. It also shows with his guests he interviews as they seem to enjoy being on the show more. I am glad Conan will take the Tonight Show come 2009.

Vince Young
08-14-2005, 02:24 AM
Jay's quite possibly the most unfunny person ever.

Eurotrash
08-14-2005, 02:25 AM
Conan's show really fits my sense of humor much better. honestly, I don't even find much of Leno's material or his show that funny.

Conan 4tw

mwilli31
08-14-2005, 02:25 AM
Conan's awesome now, but he won't fit into the Tonight Show role. Leno's show is too rehearsed, he sucks.

Brainwalter
08-14-2005, 02:27 AM
Conan is funnier, also 100x less annoying. I can't watch Leno.

djj6835
08-14-2005, 02:27 AM
I haven't looked at the poll results yet but I expect this to not even be close. Conan easily is the better talk show host and comedian.

MrWookie47
08-14-2005, 02:29 AM
Jan y leno eis isasly funnier, uleless conan has the walker Tesxax ranger lever. That's the funniest hting ever,ewehther I'm crudrnk or now.t .

Russ McGinley
08-14-2005, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

touchfaith
08-14-2005, 02:38 AM
Shouldn't it be Jay v. Dave?

Either way...Conan wins that battle hands-down too. I wish Andy would have stayed because by the time 2009 rolled around, they would have had an ever better show to take to 11:30...

As it is, Conan is either going to need to get someone soon or go in fresh with someone which could suck, unless they just do they BS with the musician thing still and bring Max along. But I've always prefered the side-kick deal.

Man, when Clinton was around and he was doing the skits with the interview the fake face with real lips things...that was golden...

Conan..."Mr President don't you think your affair with Monica Lewinski was wrong??"

Clinton..."Boobay" (with a look of conviction)

Gold I tell you!

Nathan183
08-14-2005, 02:41 AM
This may actually be an appropriate of the cliche:

Conan, and it's not even close.

I find Jay annoying for the most part. Headlines and Jaywalking are pretty good. Note that the best parts of the show don't really involve Jay.

I find almost everything Conan does or says hilarious. You can tell that he's just a much better natural comedian. Clearly I should marry him...

I'm kind of concerned about the move to 11:30, as it seems like Conan's content is a bit more edgy, and I wonder if they'll be able to do the same stuff an hour earlier.

peachy
08-14-2005, 02:45 AM
Conan is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy funnier he rules!!!

smb394
08-14-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

08-14-2005, 02:58 AM
http://images.art.com/images/products/large/10102000/10102058.jpg

Punker
08-14-2005, 02:59 AM
This is quite possibly the easiest OOT poll I've ever voted on. What next? Which is warmer: Sun __ Moon __

peachy
08-14-2005, 03:31 AM
see conan is one of those rare guys...that hes so funny its adorable and id do him even though hes not attractive at ALL

Lawrence Ng
08-14-2005, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
see conan is one of those rare guys...that hes so funny its adorable and id do him even though hes not attractive at ALL

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's because he's funny and adorable that you would DO him, I think it's cuz he's loaded, popular and powerful and any woman would do him for those reasons.

Lawrence

Dynasty
08-14-2005, 03:47 AM
Don't you know it's not cool or hip to like Jay Leno?

Duke
08-14-2005, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://images.art.com/images/products/large/10102000/10102058.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

There is much that can be done with this account.

~D

cnfuzzd
08-14-2005, 05:53 AM
i dont like doritos.

peace

john nickle

Bulldog
08-14-2005, 07:44 AM
Odd for a poll to only have the 2nd and 4th best choices and not #1 and #3.

Kimmel
O'Brien
Carolla
Leno

TheIrishThug
08-14-2005, 08:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Jan y leno eis isasly funnier, uleless conan has the walker Tesxax ranger lever. That's the funniest hting ever,ewehther I'm crudrnk or now.t .

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it was quite clear, u didn't need to tell us u were drunk.

ChipWrecked
08-14-2005, 10:50 AM
Jay is OK.....

FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!

alexd231232
08-14-2005, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger15SB
08-14-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Kimmel
O'Brien
Carolla
Leno

[/ QUOTE ]

Link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=holdem&Number=3023769&Foru m=f28,f1,f6,f30,f24,f7,f8,f10,f2,f4,f3,f21,f5,f25, f9,f22,f23,f11,f12,f13,f14,f35,f34,f26,f15,f16,f17 ,f18,f19,f31,f27,f33,f32,f20&Words=low&Searchpage= 0&Limit=25&Main=3014699&Search=true&where=bodysub& Name=2926&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=&olderva l=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post3023769)

Bulldog
08-14-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Kimmel
O'Brien
Carolla
Leno

[/ QUOTE ]

Link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=holdem&Number=3023769&Foru m=f28,f1,f6,f30,f24,f7,f8,f10,f2,f4,f3,f21,f5,f25, f9,f22,f23,f11,f12,f13,f14,f35,f34,f26,f15,f16,f17 ,f18,f19,f31,f27,f33,f32,f20&Words=low&Searchpage= 0&Limit=25&Main=3014699&Search=true&where=bodysub& Name=2926&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=&olderva l=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post3023769)

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap. How did I forget David Letterman? I should be shot.

jacki
08-14-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TheCroShow
08-14-2005, 03:41 PM
no contest, Conan is the best late show host OF ALL TIME! i remember this one sketch he did..he was dressed as a Mountie working at the US/Canada border, he made a woman step out of her car, step on his hand and he said "Now tell me I've been a bad boy." haha Conan rules all

Jman28
08-14-2005, 03:45 PM
I would not be friends with anyone who voted for Jay over Conan.

Edit:
[ QUOTE ]

Kimmel
O'Brien
Carolla
Leno

[/ QUOTE ]

I would probably also not be friends with you.

Sponger15SB
08-14-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no contest, Conan is the best late show host OF ALL TIME!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that is quite a bold claim. How old are you? Have you ever watched any of the old late night hosts?

TheCroShow
08-14-2005, 03:49 PM
i knew an old fart would step in, i'm 26 and yes i have seen some of the old farts that have long retired or long passed on...and conan kicks the xxxx out of ALL OF THEM. respect my opinion and i'll respect yours kthx

MrTrik
08-14-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Conan's awesome now, but he won't fit into the Tonight Show role. Leno's show is too rehearsed, he sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once Conan takes over it'll be his show. I think it's time for change in that show slot. I believe the show will fit Conan, not the other way around.

newfant
08-14-2005, 04:02 PM
They both suck donkey balls. Letterman rules!

peachy
08-14-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's because he's funny and adorable that you would DO him, I think it's cuz he's loaded, popular and powerful and any woman would do him for those reasons.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

no...him bein funny is far more attractive than those things...i have all those things myself already...why would i look for them??

MrTrik
08-14-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correction: Letterman used to rule. He's an old man now who's schtick wore off a while ago and he failed to change it up for the better.

peachy
08-14-2005, 04:16 PM
man o man....when Conan got up on his desk to strip and pulled off his shirt...i thought i was gonna die laughing

TheCroShow
08-14-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no...him bein funny is far more attractive than those things...i have all those things myself already...why would i look for them??

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll respond with a quote from Mr. Rob Schneider, "Women say they want a guy that can make them laugh, well I know plenty of funny fat guys but none of them get laid."

tdarko
08-14-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For the last few years I find Conan O'Brian far more entertaining than Jay Leno.

[/ QUOTE ]
only the last few?

peachy
08-14-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll respond with a quote from Mr. Rob Schneider, "Women say they want a guy that can make them laugh, well I know plenty of funny fat guys but none of them get laid."

[/ QUOTE ]

if a guy is funny enough...without going over the top and annoying...ill do him....

TheCroShow
08-14-2005, 04:44 PM
so...where are you from? =O kekekkekekekeke see? i'm funny!!

MrTrik
08-14-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And apparently hardup.

TheCroShow
08-14-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And apparently hardup.

[/ QUOTE ]

just getting bored of hittin' yo mama OH BURN

08-14-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correction: Letterman used to rule. He's an old man now who's schtick wore off a while ago and he failed to change it up for the better.

[/ QUOTE ]

That bear thing is as bad as one of ManyBeers posts.

Many

TheCroShow
08-14-2005, 07:49 PM
Conan's lever for Walker: Texas Ranger put him above everyone. Some of those clips are messed up!!! I saw one where this dude was like "Come on little guy, I'll catch you..." He was trying to get this little boy to jump down from a ladder. Little boy trusted man and jumped and the guy didn't even catch him! Slow motion as the kid falls to the floor, it was messed up! hahaha

Another classic was a clip of Norris proposing to this woman or telling her that he loves her..some kinda Kodak moment, and BAM, he was shot! lol

Ray Zee
08-14-2005, 07:58 PM
i cant believe what i am seeing. in my twisted eyes jay is great and conan is crap. it must be an age thing or something. but i hope sinfeld gets the show even though he isnt interested. that would be one great show.
if conan gets it i may have to kill myself as i would have nothing to watch at ten thirty till i go to bed and hour later.

morgan180
08-14-2005, 08:04 PM
conan is the correct answer.

astroglide
08-14-2005, 08:16 PM
i used to enjoy conan years ago but the times i've run into it recently he just seems like he's doing caricatures of himself and the same tired [censored] in the same tired style. leno isn't funny, but i like the brightness of his set and he pulls high quality guests who try harder for the audience because it's the tonight show. plus it's in hd. i never watch these sorts of shows anyway, but if i had to cancel one guy it would be conan.

Joseph Busti
08-14-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i knew an old fart would step in

[/ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3013578&page=&view=&s b=5&o=

battschr
08-14-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
conan is the correct answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

GuyOnTilt
08-14-2005, 09:02 PM
Why make a poll? It should be a ridiculous blowout.

GoT

Russ McGinley
08-14-2005, 09:06 PM
This may be the new test to see how many morans patrol OOT.

As of right now, there are 14 of them.

Lawrence Ng
08-14-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i cant believe what i am seeing. in my twisted eyes jay is great and conan is crap. it must be an age thing or something. but i hope sinfeld gets the show even though he isnt interested. that would be one great show.
if conan gets it i may have to kill myself as i would have nothing to watch at ten thirty till i go to bed and hour later.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Jay has tenured towards a more older audience grow over the years. It's not to say Jay is not entertaining, but I'm finding the content of his talk show to be quite unoriginal and boring at times.

Anyways Ray, by 2009 you will be in bed 1 hour earlier.

Lawrence

felson
08-14-2005, 09:29 PM
Conan's show went HD a few months ago.

AngryCola
08-14-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Jay has tenured towards a more older audience grow over the years. It's not to say Jay is not entertaining, but I'm finding the content of his talk show to be quite unoriginal and boring at times.

Anyways Ray, by 2009 you will be in bed 1 hour earlier.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

But even Letterman is better than Leno for the 'older' crowd. Leno is not funny. The only thing funny about his monologues is keeping track of how many of his jokes completely bomb, which happens to be most of them.

smb394
08-14-2005, 11:24 PM
Leno is awesome, if your sole criteria for judging is making the obvious joke. Interesting theory, re: Seinfeld. Don't think it would happen, but it would certainly be interesting.

Stellastarr
08-15-2005, 02:26 AM
Leno sucks.

Brainwalter
08-15-2005, 05:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Leno is awesome, if your sole criteria for judging is making the obvious joke. Interesting theory, re: Seinfeld. Don't think it would happen, but it would certainly be interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldn't be funny. His standup is not that good. THe sitcom was awesome but I don't think he would be a very good talk show host at all.

John Ho
08-15-2005, 07:37 AM
Conan easily. Triump the Insult Comic Dog is as funny as it gets. Conan's comedy is often original while Jay's jokes are just plain awful.

I will say that Johnny Carson was the best of all time. Conan is great but I don't see him matching up to Carson.

SCfuji
08-15-2005, 07:45 AM
jay leno has had plenty of moments and still gets some every now and then but i do enjoy conan's show much more. he is just a funny goofball that can make me laugh at anything.

MrTrik
08-15-2005, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And apparently hardup.

[/ QUOTE ]

just getting bored of hittin' yo mama OH BURN

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah? Well she's been dead for 8 years. I bet the smell sucks bad.

jakethebake
08-15-2005, 09:40 AM
Where the "the both should rot in hell" option?

bishopstrt
08-15-2005, 09:42 AM
I think they both suck. Out of all the comedians in the world is this the best the networks can do? (Although that Triumph dog is pretty consistently hilarious.)

morgan180
08-15-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Leno sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

djj6835
08-15-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think they both suck. Out of all the comedians in the world is this the best the networks can do? (Although that Triumph dog is pretty consistently hilarious.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly think the networks would be hard pressed to find a better talk show host than Conan. He's hilarious, not just his prepared material, but his off the cuff humor is what makes the show great.

lucas9000
08-15-2005, 02:50 PM
awesome avatar and location.

JayLear
08-15-2005, 04:30 PM
Since Letterman and "none of the above" are options on this poll, I have to go with Conan. I'm not exactly the leader of his fan club, but I do find him entertaining. However, being funnier than Leno is kind of like being the tallest building in Dubuque, IA. He is a ponderous butt-kissing slug with zero interview skills and absolutely no original thoughts.

Other than that, he's fine.

wayabvpar
08-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Of the late night hosts I have had the pleasure (or the misfortune) to see, my list would look something like this (in order of quality)-

Johnny Carson (far and away the leader)
David Letterman
Conan O'Brien
Colin Quinn (more for the show as a whole than his hosting abilities)
Jimmy Kimmell
Craig Kilborn
Jay Leno
Tom Snyder
Chevy Chase
Arsenio Hall
Pat Sajak
Magic Johnson (just a [censored] trainwreck)

I haven't seen Adam Carrolla's show yet, but I would guess he would definitely make my top 5. That man is a comic genius.

PairTheBoard
08-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Letterman in his prime made me laugh more than anybody. Carson just didn't make me laugh that much. Leno made me laugh with his monologue when he was Carson's Monday Night replacement but for some reason when Leno took over the show his monologues didn't make me laugh much anymore. Without a funny monologue Leno doesn't have much. The highlight of his interview skills seems to be stepping on the guests' punchlines. Letterman's strength has become his interviews, although all the talk about kids is getting tiresome. For the most part though, I think the Letterman interviews are the best on television these days.

I have tried getting into Conan's humor with his early shows and again recently with all the buzz about him. I just don't like the humor. It's like, lets see how outrageous and annoying we can be just for the sake of being outrageous and annoying. It doesn't make me laugh. There's no wit to it. It's witlessly annoying attention grabbing stuff that just makes me want to turn the channel. If he goes to 11:30 I'll check him out again but I'd rather see some new yet to be discovered comic genious come along for the show.

PairTheBoard

Gallopin Gael
08-16-2005, 12:59 AM
John Stewart

mike4bmp
08-16-2005, 01:06 AM
Is Conan really taking Jay's spot in 2009?!
Interesting...tough shoes to fill in my opinion. I feel that some of Conan's jokes are a little sophomoric..but he might be able to do the job. I'm sorry I am more partial to Leno...although between Leno and Letterman I am definitely a Letterman fan.

08-16-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Of the late night hosts I have had the pleasure (or the misfortune) to see, my list would look something like this (in order of quality)-

Johnny Carson (far and away the leader)
David Letterman
Conan O'Brien
Colin Quinn (more for the show as a whole than his hosting abilities)
Jimmy Kimmell
Craig Kilborn
Jay Leno
Tom Snyder
Chevy Chase
Arsenio Hall
Pat Sajak
Magic Johnson (just a [censored] trainwreck)

I haven't seen Adam Carrolla's show yet, but I would guess he would definitely make my top 5. That man is a comic genius.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for mentionongTom Snyder who I happened to enjoy watching. I was wondering if anybody on here was old enough to have seen him.

Many

08-16-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Letterman in his prime made me laugh more than anybody. Carson just didn't make me laugh that much. Leno made me laugh with his monologue when he was Carson's Monday Night replacement but for some reason when Leno took over the show his monologues didn't make me laugh much anymore. Without a funny monologue Leno doesn't have much. The highlight of his interview skills seems to be stepping on the guests' punchlines. Letterman's strength has become his interviews, although all the talk about kids is getting tiresome. For the most part though, I think the Letterman interviews are the best on television these days.

I have tried getting into Conan's humor with his early shows and again recently with all the buzz about him. I just don't like the humor. It's like, lets see how outrageous and annoying we can be just for the sake of being outrageous and annoying. It doesn't make me laugh. There's no wit to it. It's witlessly annoying attention grabbing stuff that just makes me want to turn the channel. If he goes to 11:30 I'll check him out again but I'd rather see some new yet to be discovered comic genious come along for the show.

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with you about Conan, his humor is obnoxious and silly though I do like the talking mouth routine.

Many