PDA

View Full Version : Something interesting that happen today

Zeno
08-14-2005, 02:05 AM
Today I purchased a Mini-14 rifle (model GB). I had to go to a different store to buy some ammo because the gun shop was out of .223 rounds. So I went to a sporting goods store that sells guns and ammo along with oodles of other things, like camping gear, shoes, and exercise equipment etc.

So I purchased 5 boxes of .223 ammo and 2 boxes of 7.62 x 39 ammo along with a canvas rifle tote bag. I am at the counter and the young cutie girl is ringing up the bill and stacking out the boxes of ammo. Suddenly a rather plump, short woman with a pugnacious face comes up to the counter and loudly says, "Are you at war with someone?" She seemed agitated and aghast that I was purchasing what she considered an exuberant amount of ammunition. I stated that, "No, I am not a war with anyone". She glared at me with obvious disapproval and said something like, “Well I hope not”, then stomped off.

Let’s do a probability profile of this woman. At this very moment she is contemplating writing to her legislative representative that a law must be passed that only a certain amount of ammunition can be sold to any one person in a given day, if at all, and that bullets should be taxed, and that most guns should be banned, and that ammunition should not be sold in sporting goods stores or where children may be present. In addition, she is thinking that men like she witness today should be deported or at least restraint in some manner as insalubrious and loathsome gun fanatics and dangerous to these United States of America. Finally, she abhors freedoms that she does not agree with.

Unfair you say - perhaps. But I think not. By the way, my statement to the woman was a vicious lie. As befitting a Misanthrope of good standing, I have been at war with the entire Human Race since I can remember. So lock your doors tonight. I am on the prowl.

Le Misanthrope

FourNickel
08-14-2005, 02:20 AM
wierdo.

Brainwalter
08-14-2005, 02:29 AM
First Zeno post I didn't roll eyes at in a while.

PLOlover
08-14-2005, 02:30 AM
Women's suffrage was a very bad move, ironically, for democracy and freedom.

wacki
08-14-2005, 02:55 AM
You need to put this bumper sticker on your guncase.

http://prodtn.cafepress.com/7/9558067_F_tn.jpg

cnfuzzd
08-14-2005, 06:28 AM
at best, she is an unintelligent moron deserving of ostericisation...

peace

john nickle

thatpfunk
08-14-2005, 06:30 AM
you're amazing.

cnfuzzd
08-14-2005, 06:32 AM
knob-slobber, and accurate...

would that make you a true homosexual?

im interested

peace

john nickle

youtalkfunny
08-14-2005, 07:04 AM
Chris Rock says we don't need gun control--we need bullet control. Bullets should cost $5,000 each. That way, there won't be innocent bystanders hosed down in drive-by's.

thatpfunk
08-14-2005, 07:09 AM
yes

clownshoes
08-14-2005, 07:11 AM
Thats not all that interesting.

razor
08-14-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I purchased 5 boxes of .223 ammo and 2 boxes of 7.62 x 39 ammo along with a canvas rifle tote bag.

[/ QUOTE ]

out of curiousity, how long would this amount of ammo last?

Le Communiste Canadien

HopeydaFish
08-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Why didn't you prove her right by shooting her?

MelchyBeau
08-14-2005, 12:31 PM
Just remember women and children first. Thier high pitched screams annoy me

melch

Zeno
08-14-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
out of curiousity, how long would this amount of ammo last?

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you should ask, I am going to the range in a few minutes. Five boxes of 20 rounds each = 100 rounds of .223. Forty rounds of 7.62 x 39. So a total of 140 rounds of ammo.

Since I just purchased the Mini-14 rifle, I will probably shoot at least 50 rounds today, to get a feel for the gun and see how well it shoots etc. Anytime I go to the range that is about the norm. I shoot at least twice (or weekly depending on other factors) a month because it is good practice and I like to target shoot and see myself impove in accuray at different distances. So the ammo I bought will last only about 2 weeks. See, that is why many people that shoot alot reload.

Got to go.

-Zeno

wacki
08-14-2005, 02:09 PM
army surplus.

You can even get ballistic tips.

Phat Mack
08-14-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At this very moment she is contemplating writing to her legislative representative that a law must be passed that only a certain amount of ammunition can be sold to any one person in a given day,

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. You were buying jacketed rounds and she was simply wondering if you had some reason for complying with the Geneva convention.

ThaSaltCracka
08-15-2005, 01:38 AM
bitter about the d-backs losing?

Zygote
08-15-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Unfair you say - perhaps. But I think not. By the way, my statement to the woman was a vicious lie. As befitting a Misanthrope of good standing, I have been at war with the entire Human Race since I can remember. So lock your doors tonight. I am on the prowl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is your war directed distinctly at mankind? Do you not hate or mistrust any other creatures or things?

Is this just self-hatred like a self-hating Jew or self-hating American or are you proposing a legitmate war against anything and everything?

TheCroShow
08-15-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we need to end women's suffrage, it's been going on for too many years, END WOMEN'S SUFFRAGE!

imported_anacardo
08-15-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm extremely curious. What's your argument here?

Brainwalter
08-15-2005, 03:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That they're irrational and easily swayed by the emotional rhetoric of the politicians who have destroyed the things that made this country great? That's my guess.

imported_anacardo
08-15-2005, 03:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That they're irrational and easily swayed by the emotional rhetoric of the politicians who have destroyed the things that made this country great? That's my guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Snort. I seem to recall Bush having a much bigger margin with men than women in both elections. Who's being swayed by demagogues here?

SammyKid11
08-15-2005, 03:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's a sick and disgusting statement to make. Also, it's SO irrational -- the gun people are always saying "guns don't kill people -- people do." So, do "abortion clinics" kill people...or is it the people performing the abortions?

If you're gonna put something insensitive like that on a message board (or a gun case), at least make sure it doesn't contain an internal contradiction that causes it to sound even more stupid than it is.

imported_anacardo
08-15-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's a sick and disgusting statement to make. Also, it's SO irrational -- the gun people are always saying "guns don't kill people -- people do." So, do "abortion clinics" kill people...or is it the people performing the abortions?

If you're gonna put something insensitive like that on a message board (or a gun case), at least make sure it doesn't contain an internal contradiction that causes it to sound even more stupid than it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure that this was a wry joke about precisely the things you're talking about.

SammyKid11
08-15-2005, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure that this was a wry joke about precisely the things you're talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if I failed to pick up on the sarcasm, then my bad.

Tron
08-15-2005, 03:50 AM
Your bad.

Brainwalter
08-15-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Snort. I seem to recall Bush having a much bigger margin with men than women in both elections. Who's being swayed by demagogues here?

[/ QUOTE ]

That has almost nothing to do with what I said.

08-15-2005, 04:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, irony can be so misleading....

imported_anacardo
08-15-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain further, then.

Malachii
08-15-2005, 04:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must not get laid very often.

LeatherFace
08-15-2005, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you the women from the store?

SammyKid11
08-15-2005, 05:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you the women from the store?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep - both of them.

Brainwalter
08-15-2005, 05:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain further, then.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you believe democracy and freedom are alive and well there's not much explaining I can do.

Edit: Likewise if you think they would be alive and well if not for Bush, lol. And I'll not discuss politics anymore in OOT.