PDA

View Full Version : LA Hotel recomendations

sirio11
08-14-2005, 02:03 AM
Going to the Legends ME at the Bicycle. Any recomendations of a good hotel with high speed internet conection?

Thanks in advance

shaniac
08-14-2005, 02:10 AM
Stay at Commerce. Maybe a 5-minute drive from the Bike. HS internet and good beds. I stayed at the Ramada across the street from the Bike for a night and it was kind of dive-y. Inexpensive, but basically a bare-bones motel.

Poker rate at commerce should be $99/night.

sirio11
08-14-2005, 02:20 AM
What do you need to get the poker rate at the Commerce?

Dynasty
08-14-2005, 08:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, you need to play a certain amount of poker there. However, they've never tracked my hours in any way when I've gone there.

All I've ever done is approach a floor person and tell them I want to stay at the hotel with the poker rate. They call over to the reservation desk and set you up.

JoeU
08-14-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling the hotel/poker room worked pretty well for me. I was given the $99/night with a phone call. I then went to the web site and saw they were offering some kind of specail with coupons for the same $99 and did that instead.

Joe

Luv2DriveTT
08-14-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't get the poker room rate at the commerce until you mention to a floor man that you are staying there. Immediately he will jump up to offer you the poker rate, no questions asked. He will then call the hotel to lower your rate, its literally that easy.

PS: The basic room rate is $149/night right now, and the poker room rate is $99.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif