PDA

View Full Version : Movie Review: Porky's (Yes its almost 25 years old)

arod15
08-14-2005, 01:49 AM
For the first time i saw the uncut version of Porky's. I was on the ground almost the entire time. To keep it short, it was the early 80's American Pie. From start to finish i was laughing. I highly recommend you 2+2ers with all the money you win buy this one or at least rent it. Tell me what you think about "Lassie" scene which i thought was the highlight of the movie. On a side note how hot was Kim Cattrell (i know its spelled wrong) back then. Anyways just thought i share and tell you young ones to check this one out. And perhaps remind some of you more accomplished 2+2ers who have seen it on how Porky's help put hair on your chest. This movie had the right balence of Nudity, comedy, and vulagarity to make it a classic.....

cnfuzzd
08-14-2005, 06:32 AM
animal house

peace

john nickle

Bill Murphy
08-14-2005, 07:40 AM
This movie came out when I was 16-17. There was so much frenzy they actually had cops in some theatre parking lots checking ID's.

We finally got in=*yaWn* The nudity is nothing special and the acting is horrendous. Absolutely no comparison to Fast Times At Ridgemont High(Phoebe!) or Animal House.

Those are the classics of the genre, along w/Dazed & Confused(no nudity IIRC /images/graemlins/frown.gif). They've been showing all the old John Hughes '80s movies at midnight shows at a independent theatre here lately. They all still hold up pretty well after all this time although they're certainly not sex comedies, of course.

arod15
08-14-2005, 11:24 AM
WHat happened to Phoebe from Fastimes MIA

hoopsie44
08-14-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WHat happened to Phoebe from Fastimes MIA

[/ QUOTE ]

Married Kevin Kline. Only other movie I remember her from is Gremlins.

Bill Murphy
08-14-2005, 06:19 PM
Married Kevin Kline, hadda couple kids, and moved to Japan IIRC. Has the occ'l cameo.

Whatta hottie and whatta great scene in Fast Times. Forget about Jessica Simpson and all the rest of them. Phoebe coulda been a major star IMO, but IIRC she said she got tired of it. /images/graemlins/confused.gif