PDA

View Full Version : One excuse to wear sunglasses...

danzasmack
08-14-2005, 01:39 AM
B&M game 10/20 game. A lot of regulars. two players i noticed often sit right next to each other.

The other night a hand came up where i spiked my set of queens on the turn to crack one players kings. On the river he flipped his cards in frustration, then said to his friend "a frickin' one outer". I said to him, "1 out?" His friend added, "i folded a queen"

to this point i was watching him immediatly after his pf 3 bet. I am 100% positive that his friend said nothing after the hand. I'd say im about 95% sure at this point his friend showed him his cards.

So the next few hands I am watching him pf to confirm my suspicions. He notices and sharply remarks "do you have a problem?" luckily there was a tv over his head and i told him that I was looking at the tv.

I did not want to tell the floor because I do not want to discourage the players from coming. I do very well at the game, and these 2 players are very LAG and not very good. I'd rather just find out myself.

So next time I intend on wearing sunglasses so he can't see where im looking.

shant
08-14-2005, 01:47 AM
It would've been way more awesome if you did that Moneymaker stare pose straight at him with the fingers on the side of the cheek sans sunglasses and didn't say a word and held it as long as you could without laughing and then calling the service lady to bring you a bowl of Frosted Flakes.

That would've been my play.

youtalkfunny
08-14-2005, 05:49 AM
You're probably right about these two.

Be advised, however, that some people don't know what they're talking about. He may think that you only had one out, because only a queen would help you. I've heard others who lost to open-end straight draws whine about getting beat by a two-outer.

I once had AA vs a set. I figured I was behind, but called, since I had a flush draw, gut-shot, and a chance for a higher set (and because I'm so in love with AA). I hit the gutshot, and my opponent whined for 15 minutes about the one-outer I hit.

Though I reiterate that I think your original suspicions are most likely correct.