PDA

View Full Version : harry chapin

Ray Zee
08-14-2005, 01:14 AM
right now i am watching old video of him on public tv. he was great i sure do miss his lyrics and his singing.

chesspain
08-14-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
right now i am watching old video of him on public tv. he was great i sure do miss his lyrics and his singing.

[/ QUOTE ]

That puts me in the mood for twenty thousand pounds of bananas.

Zeno
08-14-2005, 02:17 AM
I had to look up his name but instantly recognized two of his most famous songs, taxi and cats craddle. I recall both and they got some air play back in the seventies. Did not know he died so young in a car accident.

-Zeno

andyfox
08-14-2005, 02:19 AM
One night I remember Johnny Carson had him on near the end of the show. He did Taxi, which was quite long. And Carson's audience, in those days, wasn't exactly prime Chapin audience. The ovation was the longest I ever remembered hearing.

I'm an old fart too: I miss him as well.

MrWookie47
08-14-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I had to look up his name but instantly recognized two of his most famous songs, taxi and cats craddle. I recall both and they got some air play back in the seventies. Did not know he died so young in a car accident.

-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]

He died? carap,. Cat's in the adrcradle is ag reat song . M...mmmm, liquor.

blatz
08-14-2005, 02:44 AM
He was a great guy apparently, had benfit concerts for the hungry and homeless all the time when I was kid.

Too bad my only encounter with him was when I was 6 and asked him for an autograph while he was chomping down a hot dog. He told me to leave him alone. Although as a hot dog lover myself, looking back, I don't really blame him, at the time I was upset for about 2 minutes before I got distracted by something else.

blendedsuit
08-14-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That puts me in the mood for twenty thousand pounds of bananas.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's 30,000lbs, dont sell yourself short.

cnfuzzd
08-14-2005, 06:25 AM
an ex gf of mine played his entire cd for me once. He is awesome. Nice work....

peace

john nickle