PDA

View Full Version : 77 w/ shortie all-in

Misfire
08-14-2005, 12:47 AM
Should I have raised more to isolate? just called?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t610)
MP1 (t235)
Hero (t1310)
CO (t2335)
Button (t905)
SB (t680)
BB (t1925)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to t235 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t370</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t370, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (t1125) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (t1125) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t1125) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1125

Also, any criticism about checking it down?

ChuckNorris
08-14-2005, 12:52 AM
If you're playing this hand you should just push preflop. You want to keep it heads up, and any reasonable raise commits you to the pot anyway.

This might just be a fold though, since you aren't miles ahead the shortie, there isn't that much dead money in the pot and there are 4 people left to act.

Oluwafemi
08-14-2005, 12:53 AM
i think you played it fine and see nothing wrong w/ checking down. actually, the emphasis should be on the other player who called you reraise. something tells me he has overcards that did'nt connect.

johnnybeef
08-14-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think you played it fine and see nothing wrong w/ checking down. actually, the emphasis should be on the other player who called you reraise. something tells me he has overcards that did'nt connect.

[/ QUOTE ]

you should really know who you are giving advice to. thats all im sayin

Oluwafemi
08-14-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i have'nt giving him any advice. he asked for a comment on his play and i gave it. simple as that. considering how the hand played out, looks like Hero/OP played it fine to me. if he did'nt, i'll leave it up to you to correct him.

johnnybeef
08-14-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i have'nt giving him any advice. he asked for a comment on his play and i gave it. simple as that. considering how the hand played out, looks like Hero/OP played it fine to me. if he did'nt, i'll leave it up to you to correct him.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, im just sayin, you really should know who you are commenting about on a public forum, thats all.

Oluwafemi
08-14-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, im just sayin, you really should know who you are commenting about on a public forum, thats all.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, i'm just saying, i don't understand what your line is.

ChuckNorris
08-14-2005, 01:18 AM
Come on guys... What happened to peace, love and happiness and all that? Let's not turn this thread into another childish argument, please? OP asked for advice so couldn't we stick to the topic for their sake?

johnnybeef
08-14-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, i'm just saying, i don't understand what your line is.

[/ QUOTE ]

my line is simply, you should really know who you are commenting to...thats all.

ps. to the original poster, in exchange for usurping your thread, i will comment on the hand below.

Oluwafemi
08-14-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Come on guys... What happened to peace, love and happiness and all that? Let's not turn this thread into another childish argument, please? OP asked for advice so couldn't we stick to the topic for their sake?

[/ QUOTE ]

i simply commented on his [OP's] play [no advice given or intended]. i don't know what johnnybeef's issue is.

johnnybeef
08-14-2005, 01:26 AM
yes in this position, if i decide to play, i will push. as far as checking it down, im not a big fan of doing this 6 handed as you need the chips and if he bets you are put to a difficult decision. but that is kind of a mute point as if you play it correctly, you wont have to check it down. now, if you get to this situation in which it is four handed, you gain much more from eliminating a player, and thus, i will check it down in order to decrease the all in players equity.

lastchance
08-14-2005, 01:32 AM
I don't like the minraise at all. You need to either call or reraise this hand.

Remember, there's t400 in the pot already, and you've got so little behind, plus once you call, it's t600.

I would have overpushed.

Oluwafemi
08-14-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yes in this position, if i decide to play, i will push. as far as checking it down, im not a big fan of doing this 6 handed as you need the chips and if he bets you are put to a difficult decision. but that is kind of a mute point as if you play it correctly, you wont have to check it down. now, if you get to this situation in which it is four handed, you gain much more from eliminating a player, and thus, i will check it down in order to decrease the all in players equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you wanna explain it this way, the fine, but to:

[ QUOTE ]
my line is simply, you should really know who you are commenting to...thats all.

[/ QUOTE ]

is'nt necessary.

you may not be a fan of checking down 6-handed in this spot after you reraised a shortstack all-in to isolate, but if you push and get called in this spot holding 7 7, i'm pretty sure you're going get called by better than 7 7- including an overcard [minus 10 x holdings] hand like A Ko/A Ks, A Q-A Jo-A Q/A Js, and K Qo/K Qs that could've missed that flop that im sure villian#2 has. i've gotten called by worse and lost.

ChuckNorris
08-14-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

you may not be a fan of checking down 6-handed in this spot after you reraised a shortstack all-in to isolate, but if you push and get called in this spot holding 7 7, i'm pretty sure you're going get called by better than 7 7- including an overcard [minus 10 x holdings] hand like A Ko/A Ks, A Q-A Jo-A Q/A Js, and K Qo/K Qs that could've missed that flop that im sure villian#2 has. i've gotten called by worse and lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but if you don't push you're getting reraised and called by hands like JT, KQ, AQ, AJ, 88 and all that a lot more than when you push.

What do you mean by "better than 7 7- including an overcard [minus 10 x holdings] hand"?

Oluwafemi
08-14-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, but if you don't push you're getting reraised and called by hands like JT, KQ, AQ, AJ, 88 and all that a lot more than when you push.

What do you mean by "better than 7 7- including an overcard [minus 10 x holdings] hand"?

[/ QUOTE ]

hands which you've already noted: 8 8, K Q, A Q, A J. when i say better than 7 7, i mean 8 8+. when you look at the fact that the reraise caller checked along w/ OP to the river- 8 8, K Q, A Q, A J, and A K seem more logical. if it happens to be 8 8 or 9 9, you have'nt lost anymore chips than what you reraised with, whereas, these same holdings would have eliminated you had you pushed and he called.

*you can eliminate 10 x holdings because he surely would have bet the flop and so forth.*

citanul
08-14-2005, 02:06 AM
johnny, please stop trolling the near trolls.

citanul

johnnybeef
08-14-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you wanna explain it this way, the fine, but to:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is'nt necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

get off of it, i was making fun of you for how you were acting in the other thread, thats all.

ps. checking down gives free cards away to potential overcards in this situation. in a 4 handed game, your equity increases as the short stacks decreases. 6 handed, your equity decreases as you give free cards to a potential two overcard hand. your line sucks.

pps. also notice how i said if i decide to play this