PDA

View Full Version : Once more for sexy

PokerBob
08-14-2005, 12:17 AM
i know nothing of villain. do you begrudge me my sexy?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks.... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

KidPokerX
08-14-2005, 12:21 AM
at the party 5/10 against an unknown i would be more reluctant to check raise this river. With more than one opponent left to act after me i may consider a c/r, but i couldn't see doing it here. You must have had a stronger read on your opponent than you say in order to do this.

PassiveCaller
08-14-2005, 12:43 AM
Usually on these boards if they don't fold the flop they are going to see a showdown. It could be a weak ace, it could be a T, or it could be a pocket pair. Firing the second barrel raises that probability, the question is what..

A pocket pair will check, a T may bet, any Ace will bet.

I'd usually like to know he'll bet decently but this isn't a horrid time to try it but I'd usually want to know a T _will_ bet to make it optimal.

However It could have useful value later in the session in such situations as well as he'll be more careful with his thinner value bets and it may get you some showdowns.

PokerBob
08-14-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Usually on these boards if they don't fold the flop they are going to see a showdown. It could be a weak ace, it could be a T, or it could be a pocket pair. Firing the second barrel raises that probability, the question is what..

A pocket pair will check, a T may bet, any Ace will bet.

I'd usually like to know he'll bet decently but this isn't a horrid time to try it but I'd usually want to know a T _will_ bet to make it optimal.

However It could have useful value later in the session in such situations as well as he'll be more careful with his thinner value bets and it may get you some showdowns.

[/ QUOTE ]

it is also good for sexy

Surfbullet
08-14-2005, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I do.

I'd like it much more if a few things were different:

1) Villain raised pf

2) Villain shut down on the flop when c/r'd (likely overcards, A is good qualifier)

3) The A hit on the river to make you a straight(you flopped OESD) and thus often improved villain.

In this fabricated situation I would think the sexy is quite sexy indeed.

These plays, while sexy, work much better when the river card is likely to have improved our opponent. Most passive party players fail to value-bet rivers as it is, let alone suddenly find one in the face of an aggressor for 3 streets.

In your case a value-bet is always better without a read IMO.

Surf

bobbyi
08-14-2005, 12:56 AM
Meh. Typical calling down 5/10-6ers don't value bet the river nearly enough when checked to. They sure do like to bluff though. If there were a missed flopped flush draw, yeah, sexy.

PokerBob
08-14-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I do.

I'd like it much more if a few things were different:

1) Villain raised pf

2) Villain shut down on the flop when c/r'd (likely overcards, A is good qualifier)

3) The A hit on the river to make you a straight(you flopped OESD) and thus often improved villain.

In this fabricated situation I would think the sexy is quite sexy indeed.

These plays, while sexy, work much better when the river card is likely to have improved our opponent. Most passive party players fail to value-bet rivers as it is, let alone suddenly find one in the face of an aggressor for 3 streets.

In your case a value-bet is always better without a read IMO.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

surf, you are not sexy. you may have good skill and big winrate and large bankroll, but you have not the sexy.

Surfbullet
08-14-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

surf, you are not sexy. you may have good skill and big winrate and large bankroll, but you have not the sexy.

[/ QUOTE ]

From tonight:

Villain is 28/17/1.9

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (7 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Sexy me this! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Surf

pbillAA
08-14-2005, 01:34 AM
bad time for sexy,good time for ship it

PokerBob
08-14-2005, 01:37 AM
speak not of the sexy