PDA

View Full Version : Any issues? Anybody?

Bill Smith
08-13-2005, 11:37 PM
5/10 Texas Hold'em Game Table (Limit)
Total number of players : 5

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to MP (Hero) [ 5d, 5s ]
UTG folds.
MP (Hero) raises (10) to 10
Button (45/15, plays bad postflop) calls (10)
SB (Loose-passive) calls (8)
BB folds.
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 7h, Ks, 5c ]
SB checks.
MP (Hero) checks.
CO bets (5)
SB calls (5)
MP (Hero) calls (5)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 8c ]
SB checks.
MP (Hero) checks.
CO bets (10)
SB calls (10)
MP (Hero) raises (20) to 20
CO calls (10)
SB calls (10)
** Dealing River ** : [ 6d ]
SB checks.
MP (Hero) bets (10)
CO calls (10)
SB folds.
** Summary **
Main Pot: $128 | Rake: $2

Bill Smith
08-14-2005, 10:59 AM
*bump*

fyodor
08-14-2005, 11:26 AM
If you have opponents who are paying attention this is a good 2nd line (rather than bet out on the flop when you hit) as if this one gets to showdown they will be less likely to bet after your checks in the future and you can then get some free cards when you flopped nothing.

Default against most opponents should be betting out though as an EP PFR checking a King high flop looks mighty suspicious to me. I am likely to check behind unless the King helped me too.

Bill Smith
08-14-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you have opponents who are paying attention this is a good 2nd line (rather than bet out on the flop when you hit) as if this one gets to showdown they will be less likely to bet after your checks in the future and you can then get some free cards when you flopped nothing.

Default against most opponents should be betting out though as an EP PFR checking a King high flop looks mighty suspicious to me. I am likely to check behind unless the King helped me too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I agree, and I thank you for the response fyodor. CO was the kind of player that I could count on to bet this when I showed weakness, but I think that line risks a turn check through that could get me in trouble.

Does everyone like the river bet?

surfdoc
08-14-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any issues? Anybody?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, hand histories are tough to read. Use the converter or type it out.

auntieklava
08-14-2005, 01:00 PM
When you openraise and noone reraises you and the flop is K75 I think it is a mistake to ever check the flop regardless of your holecards (against 1 or 2 opponents).

Slowplaying in shorthanded games is hardly ever correct when you have initiative.

Riverbet is a must.

tolbiny
08-14-2005, 01:08 PM
the river bet is a given.

Would the C/O be the type of player who would bet the turn if checked to? IE bet out on the flop and then checkraise the turn?

Bill Smith
08-14-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, hand histories are tough to read. Use the converter or type it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

The converter was down last night, at least for me.