PDA

View Full Version : Thank you members of this forum

08-13-2005, 11:15 PM
Well I've been playing poker for about 6 months now. First 3 times I bought in I lost the whole thing (about $700 all together). Then I bought in again with $500, and was playing break even (+1.6% ROI) at the 10+1's on Party, then I found this forum. So I've been lurking around here for about 2 months now and I just wanted to say thank you, to everyone here, you all have provided such great advice and insight.

BTW I've now moved to Stars 15 Turbo's and have maintained a 26% ROI over 700 SnG's.

I know it's not the biggest success story yet, but I just wanted to say thanks.

Jdogg
08-13-2005, 11:17 PM
Great job! They are a great bunch here.

Justin

Oluwafemi
08-13-2005, 11:25 PM
Post deleted by citanul

08-13-2005, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the advice, of course I do give myself credit for it, because all the good advice in the world is nothing without practical aplication and judgement. And I'm aware that a downswing for me doesn't matter much to other players or posters, but then again I see no real reason why it should...

Oluwafemi
08-13-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the advice, of course I do give myself credit for it, because all the good advice in the world is nothing without practical aplication and judgement. And I'm aware that a downswing for me doesn't matter much to other players or posters, but then again I see no real reason why it should...

[/ QUOTE ]

which is precisely why i see no reason to thank them. tell me you see why.

08-13-2005, 11:40 PM
I just thought it seemed like a good and decent gesture seeing that the better players don't need to help people they don't need to give advice they don't need to analyze posted HH's but they do anyway. And in the dispensing of such knowledge through advice, it directly or indirectly helps players who didn't have much of an idea before to have a building block to start from. Thats why I felt thanks was a proper gesture.

Oluwafemi
08-13-2005, 11:52 PM
Post deleted by citanul

ldavidjm
08-13-2005, 11:52 PM
I'll add my gratitude.

Thanks to all those that share their time helping all the newbs out, I've learned pretty much everything I know about STT here (which is enough to have earned me a fair amount of money for a mostly relaxing and fun hobby)

Oluwafemi
08-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Post deleted by citanul

DMACM
08-14-2005, 12:06 AM
I havent replied to any or your posts or contributed any remotely useful tips but your welcome. Hope your success at the 15s continues.

ldavidjm
08-14-2005, 12:07 AM
Post deleted by citanul

Oluwafemi
08-14-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I havent replied to any or your posts or contributed any remotely useful tips but your welcome. Hope your success at the 15s continues.

[/ QUOTE ]

henceforth, know who you're giving your thanx to. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tjh
08-14-2005, 12:17 AM
I also would like to thank the other posters. Do they post to help me ? Probably not. Do they share the expertise in order to train the fish. Probably not. They come here to learn and think like the rest of us. Posting hands and discussing them helps anyone who participates or studies and thinks.

So although they do not need our thanks. Thanks anyhow.

As for the folks that post nasty opinions of other posters.. get a life. WE do not need to see that trash.

So thanks to most of you.. No thanks to the others.

--
tjh

Oluwafemi
08-14-2005, 12:25 AM
Post deleted by citanul

ldavidjm
08-14-2005, 12:25 AM
Haha sorry I'll stop now. Need to just remember to ignore stuff like that. I'm out.

QuickLearner
08-14-2005, 12:30 AM
You're right; there are plenty of poeple who post here (and not just in this particular forum) that deserve thanks. So let me add mine: thanks for the advice, humor, and straight feedback.

Every now and then you run into a crazed crybaby, but that's life. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oluwafemi
08-14-2005, 12:30 AM
Post deleted by citanul

Misfire
08-14-2005, 12:43 AM
Post deleted by citanul

08-14-2005, 12:51 AM
I agree somewhat with Ol, but A) what do you hope to gain by being a hater and B) there is no question that this forum and its respected members are helpful, especially to newcomers. Glad to hear your success Doc, keep it up.

Oluwafemi
08-14-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree somewhat with Ol, but A) what do you hope to gain by being a hater and B) there is no question that this forum and its respected members are helpful, especially to newcomers. Glad to hear your success Doc, keep it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you agree somewhat with me, then how am i a hater? i have'nt badmouthed anybody. i have'nt gave any nasty opinions about anybody. i have'nt said anything to the OP that is'nt true. he can thank them if he/she wants. i just don't feel that it's unwarranted or unnecessary and i spoke my piece. do what you want with my opinion that you will. it is what it is. i'll say again:

[ QUOTE ]
know who you're thanking.

[/ QUOTE ]

bones
08-14-2005, 01:14 AM
Post deleted by citanul

08-14-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'll say again:

[ QUOTE ]
know who you're thanking.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I too am a new member who has lurked for a few months until stepping up and making my first post and soon asking the questions and seeking understanding of a complex game that intrigues even the most knowledgable of members.

By asking for help I know that in a small way I am actually helping those who respond (or even just lurk) by getting them to think about one of the limitless scenarios that might present itself.

So, thank you to all the members who have helped me in my short time here at 2+2:

People_Mover
zambonidrivr
Pat Southern
illegit
yabastid
Lloyd
AACardPlayer
DeuceKicker
Russ McGinley
Potowame
shejk
m bozeman