PDA

View Full Version : $5+.5 10-person S&Gs

08-13-2005, 10:49 PM
I play $5+.5 10-person S&Gs on bodog for fun, and recently started tracking my performance. Considering that I'm playing with very extreme donkeys and there's a cold all-in raise for 100x the BB about 20% of the time, are these stats good or bad (I suspect bad, and I'd like to people to actually say that if it's true)?

Payout: 50/30/20

Buy-ins: 38
1st: 6
2nds: 5
3rds: 4

EE (with rake considered): 1.474 ( /images/graemlins/mad.gif )
Hourly earnings: $2.40/hour

Please keep laughter to a minimum. Has anyone else kept stats so I can compare?

brimstone1
08-13-2005, 11:02 PM
Before anyone beheads you, here is what everyone will say: Your sample size (number of SnGs tracked) is too small, please come back when you have at least 500, or more.

08-13-2005, 11:15 PM
Yeah, I was kinda expecting that. I still wanna know if the %s are what I should be aiming for or not though.

Oluwafemi
08-13-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I was kinda expecting that. I still wanna know if the %s are what I should be aiming for or not though.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, you should aim as high as possible. there are gonna always be statistics and odds that say you can't sustain the pace but keep your focus on winning and winning only. the more you think about winning, the better you'll play and the more money/ROI you'll extract out of the $5.50s on your way up. my problem? i keep getting sucked out on the river too much! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

08-14-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my problem? i keep getting sucked out on the river too much!

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Oluwafemi
08-14-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my problem? i keep getting sucked out on the river too much!

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

...but true.

citanul
08-14-2005, 01:58 AM
aim to have like a 30ish% roi. something like that. aim to learn. that's more important, since well, it's not like you're going to make big piles of money playing the $5.5s. then, aim not to make another post about your stats until you've played at least say, 200 games, and have read hte faq, and done a search before asking a question like this.

citanul

pokerlaw
08-14-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
aim to have like a 30ish% roi. something like that. aim to learn. that's more important, since well, it's not like you're going to make big piles of money playing the $5.5s. then, aim not to make another post about your stats until you've played at least say, 200 games, and have read hte faq, and done a search before asking a question like this.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

for party I would agree that a 30ish% ROI is VERY acceptable. However, for t1500 $5.50 games, I would say that over 200 games, 50% ROI is a better goal. I have had multiple streaks of 200 SNGs at the $5.50 and $10+1 level (mixed about 80/20 towards $5.50) w 90-95% ROI - they mad easy to pwn...

to the OP - use the search and all that good stuff, play more and good luck...

Womble
08-14-2005, 06:39 AM
Have you got HOH II? The inflection chapter is gold and really helps you later on. Makes you realise WHY you are going allin etc instead of just hoping (there is that too /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

That should be your starting point to improve, HOH I is good but the harder stuff like when you are short stacked and heads up play is covered in II.

My ROI is an amazing 3% on the stars 5+0.5 but only over 20 SnGs