PDA

View Full Version : Another turn out of position

bobbyi
08-13-2005, 10:39 PM
I'm pretty new to the table, so only 13 hands on the button, have him at 61/7.5/6 so far. Three-bet preflop is good? Once I am called on the flop what is my plan for the turn and what is my plan for the river? I get called down by ace high so often here that I am wondering whether I should bother firing a second barrel on the turn.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Your turn

ArturiusX
08-13-2005, 11:08 PM
If we're going to call a bet, I think we should be betting. Giving a free card to a potential draw would suck.

I'm bet/folding the turn, check/folding UI on the river.

Surfbullet
08-13-2005, 11:28 PM
I don't like the pf 3bet. KQs is a hand strong enough to play 3way, despite being OOP - i'd call and encourage BB to come along, since I won't be taking KQ-hi to showdown anyway. Players this loose shut down postflop with A-hi and tiny pairs, but still call, so we don't gain fold equity by 3betting.

Given how you played it I'd bet the turn and be done with the hand unless I improved after that.

Surf

bobbyi
08-14-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If we're going to call a bet...

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to call a bet. If I check here, I'm hoping that he gives a free card holding a small pocket or ace high. If he bets, I would fold.