PDA

View Full Version : What to do here? (10+1 PP)

Jdogg
08-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Table Table 11757 (Real Money) -- Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 8
Seat 1: SirTJHoldem (1060)
Seat 2: Hero (2870)
Seat 3: BigDawg427 (705)
Seat 4: tintin222 (605)
Seat 5: fightingbeta (800)
Seat 6: C121461 (522)
Seat 7: Stewtex (1235)
Seat 8: Gopherblue (203)
jsp123 posts small blind (50)
BigDawg427 posts big blind (100)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to jsp123 [ Ah, 4h ]
tintin222 folds.
fightingbeta folds.
C121461 folds.
Stewtex folds.
Gopherblue folds.
SirTJHoldem folds.
jsp123 raises (150) to 200
BigDawg427 calls (100)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ Kh, 5h, Qc ]
jsp123 checks.
BigDawg427 bets (505)
BigDawg427 is all-In.
Hero does ???

Thanks!

Justin

lastchance
08-13-2005, 10:40 PM
Well, first, you push preflop with A4 into a guy with only 7x BB.

Second, when Villain stack size is barely equal to the pot, and you have a nut flush draw on the pot, you move all-in with FE.

Third, this spot sucks, but I guess you got 10 outs most of the time, so I call.

But yeah, push preflop, push the flop, push the turn if he checks, and try to get laydowns.

TWINUNO
08-13-2005, 10:42 PM
Fold you didnt hit any piece of the flop, a min raise was also a bad idea. Were you trying to get him to fold here? I think a simple limp or a bigger raise would have been better, considering your stack you dont really need this blind.

Proofrock
08-13-2005, 10:55 PM
I would raise more preflop. Barring that, I lead the flop. As it played out, I call the all-in, but it seems like a close decision. If you're up against a pair, it's +cEV to call (assuming the ace is a clean out), and it's still pretty close if you're up against 2 pair or better (the worst being a set, in which case you're about a 3:1 dog). I'm swayed to call because (1) the pot odds are just about right, (2) if you win you have a huge chip lead, and (3) even if you lose you're still the chip leader.

What would you do if BB pushes preflop? Why make the minraise preflop here, and then why did you check that flop? If you semi-bluff bet with the nut flush draw (and with ace high, which might still be good), you're put in a position where calling the push is easily the right decision. A larger raise preflop or leading the flop makes it much easier to decide what to do in my opinion.

-cj

lastchance
08-13-2005, 10:57 PM
By a larger raise preflop, both of you mean "all-in", right?

Proofrock
08-13-2005, 11:01 PM
I'd push preflop, but a bet like 500 has the same effect, I think (and of course calling BB's all-in). As I see it, anything 450+ (i.e., a "larger raise preflop") is the same as a push, so yes.

-cj

Jdogg
08-13-2005, 11:16 PM
Ok I think it is pretty clear an all in is instore here preflop. I think the reason I didn't is because I just tripled up in the past few hands, and I don't ever ussually put much value on a Ace low kicker, but maybe this is a leak in my game(in situations like this). Anyways I ended up calling and hit the heart. He had k3o. Also I had no read on the guy because I wasn't paying attention to the game because I was watching the Stud game I was playing, all is good I ended up winning the sng.

Thanks for all the fast input, I think I could post on here while in a game and have what I should do by the time my timebank is used up! lol

Justin

kyro
08-13-2005, 11:21 PM
Hero pushes the flop so he doesn't have to call the all-in.

Easy call. You're getting a shy under 2:1 and you're 33% to hit the flush. Also, your A outs have a chance to be good. Hell, you could even be ahead now. Call.

Jdogg
08-13-2005, 11:28 PM
Well I know I didn't play it perfect, but some guy at the table said "tipicl" so I thought I would post it on there to see what you all thought of the hand. Also I dont even bother talking to the guys on there anymore.

Justin

kyro
08-13-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well I know I didn't play it perfect, but some guy at the table said "tipicl" so I thought I would post it on there to see what you all thought of the hand. Also I dont even bother talking to the guys on there anymore.

Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

tipicl?

lastchance
08-13-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Justin

[/ QUOTE ]
FE is life. Pushing and betting out creates FE. This is a very good thing in a tournament, especially in a spot where you're not a crushing 80/20 favorite in preflop situations, and with 10 good clean outs on the flop.

You need to push preflop. You need to push the flop. You need to get Villain to laydown Qx, weak pairs, and other hands.

kyro
08-13-2005, 11:37 PM
lastchance is right. I didn't mention this in my post because I didn't read yours carefully, but you have to push this PF.

CatfishKing
08-13-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Second, when Villain stack size is barely equal to the pot, and you have a nut flush draw on the pot, you move all-in with FE.

Third, this spot sucks, but I guess you got 10 outs most of the time, so I call.

But yeah, push preflop, push the flop, push the turn if he checks, and try to get laydowns.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Jdogg
08-13-2005, 11:41 PM
Thanks alot guys, I have been starting to push with the nuts in heads up lately and it is crazy how much people call with not a lot. That is why it is hard for my to push when I don't have what I am representing.

Justin

kyro
08-13-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf. i know i haven't been around, but what are all these codes? tiplic, QFT? i'm confused.

Jdogg
08-13-2005, 11:44 PM
Idk what QTF means either but the idiot at my table spelt "typical" wrong.

Justin

kyro
08-13-2005, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Idk what QTF means either but the idiot at my table spelt "typical" wrong.

Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

haha