PDA

View Full Version : Final decision on moving up

livinitup0
08-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Ive had a few posts in the past couple of days that have sparked some debae over stats, table selection, and other related topics.

I "crushed" .50/1 for a while. (search my moving up post a week ago for stats) I moved up and now I keep hearing in the back of my head: "If you can't find a fish, you are probably it" every night. Im not comfortable with 1/2 and I'm feeling overwhelmed. I have no idea what I need to change up in my game since I have no real sample size.
What major changes do I need to make in 1/2? Ive moved up 3-4 times back and forth from .50/1 and 1/2 and I get killed each time. This may spark that "skip PP 1/2 full debate" but seriously am I throwing money away at this limit? I can sit for about a month or so with bonuses at .50/1 and make enough to start 2/4 in mid sept. To me this sounds like suicide, but I've heard it quite a bit lately.
If not, how do I work on my game from .50/1 to 1/2 without ripping my hair out each time? If 1/2 is hard, then heck what is 2/4 going to be like?

Any sugestions, critisism and other ramblings would be appreciated!

Aaron W.
08-13-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I "crushed" .50/1 for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know why you "crushed" $.50/1? If you were to sit down with a string of 100 consecutive hands at a single table, could you identify the mistakes that your opponents are making and how you've maximized on them? Can you identify your own mistakes?

It's possible that you can beat $.50/1 on your intuition alone, but that $1/2 is above your intuition. And if it's above your intuition, then you're going to need to work to beat it. A good way to measure where your intuition drops off is to see if you can actually analyze the value of your plays.

livinitup0
08-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Wow, didnt think about it that way. So maybe I just go back to .50/1 bonuses, and start pulling old hand histories out for a while? Or maybe pull some 1/2 and see what Im doing wrong there?

DCWildcat
08-13-2005, 09:20 PM
Move to 1/2, getting in on table 41424 right now

VP$IP >40, no waitlist

bottomset
08-13-2005, 09:23 PM
if you can't beat 1/2 you likely can't beat 2/4 so skipping 1/2 is a bad idea