PDA

View Full Version : Turn Decision Donkbet

toss
08-13-2005, 08:02 PM
Villain is 24/9.33/1.13 after 75 hands.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>...

My wtsd rate is a dismal 30. My w$sd is an equally dismal 42.

chief444
08-13-2005, 08:17 PM
I'd call. I think you're ahead pretty often yet. I think on a TJK board after your pfr he would check/raise a real strong hand. I'm not sure though. But I rarely fold to these donkbets. And overall I'm very certain it pays off.

Those showdown numbers are really low Toss. But I guess you realize that. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

toss
08-13-2005, 10:00 PM
Yeah, dismal numbers. The thing is that I felt villain wouldn't donkbet the turn with something I beat because of his numbers. Then again maybe he noticed I'm a weak tight nit that can easily be floated. Agh I need to show down more.

A_C_Slater
08-13-2005, 10:07 PM
I fold, but only because my respect for the dreaded and feared donk bet is greater than that of the average 2+2er.

hicherbie
08-13-2005, 10:57 PM
sup toss,

given stats/pot size i dont think a fold is bad. thats an ugly board for midpair.

yeah, im thinking you def need to showdown more @ 5/10. people are probably bluffing you off of a lot of hands.

Nick C
08-14-2005, 01:09 AM
Hmm. This donkbet is really hard to interpret (as they usually are). Anyway, though, I kind of doubt UTG really expects the PFR to fold on that board very often. Is he hoping to bet/3-bet with, say, Q9s? Does he fear a check behind by KQ/99?

Maybe he likes his hand (let's say he just made two pair with JT) but fears that if he checkraises he'll get 3-bet by AQ. His numbers aren't very aggressive, so far.

Or maybe he has QJ/QT and thinks a donkbet semibluff might work. Or maybe that's what he's doing with the same hand you have.

I don't know. I kind of doubt you're ahead all that often here. It's a scary board to be betting into, versus a PFR. (Plus, we have UTG's flop call to take into account.) You've got some murky outs, though, and those combined with the chances of being ahead do make a call tempting.

If you folded, though, I think that's all right.

chief444
08-14-2005, 01:38 AM
toss,

I really don't think the fold is bad here since the pot is so small. But I think it's a worse one pair hand + draw pretty often. Sometimes KQ or better. But nothing really strong, IMO. Folding here isn't that bad. But even bad players will notice if you continually fold anything but strong hands here.

Chief