PDA

View Full Version : 2 microstacks on the bubble

08-13-2005, 07:36 PM
Do you know what you're doing before you even see your cards? All three other players have been super-tight, especially the BB here. Even the big stacks havn't been playing much. I have been pushing alot recently just to stay afloat when first to act and have been successful. My last hand I played I pushed and won with AQs.

I can't retrieve the HH without an actual hand number (PokerRoom--anyone know otherwise?) but this is close enough.

$10+1 STT Hero is UTG -- BB is t300.

AFTER posting the blinds it looks like this:

SB t6000
BB t400
Hero t750
Butn t7450

Pot is t450.

If you folded and the big stacks somehow stole the next two hands without a fight, the blinds would come around and the other small stack would be All-In before you. I didn't know how to assess this situation. The SB villian had been folding everything to get to his current state.

Are you playing any two cards here? Or if cards do matter, what is the quality of hand to play (or not play)?

gl,
Mike.

btw...I'll give you my cards and action below in white
<font color="white"> Kh Jc...I pushed and got called by button with 99 and I say adios with no payola
</font>

Myst
08-13-2005, 07:39 PM
I would fold for the very reasons you just outlined above. Let the other guy take the chance to bust first before you. Im probably pushing only 88+ here.

lastchance
08-13-2005, 07:42 PM
This is clearly not a spot where you should push any 2. You are UTG, and the small stack in the BB is going to call you a lot, and you want him to put his chips on the line.

Of course, if BB doubles up this hand, you have to call any 2 next hand.

I push AQ+, 99+, maybe not even that.