PDA

View Full Version : QQ on the button

08-13-2005, 07:20 PM
So the blinds are $5/$5
I have about 160-175 in front of me on the button.
UTG raises to 20 (he SEEMED like a very solid player because he just made it to the final table of a 100+ person tournament so with a raise UTG, that alone I respect)
Everyone folds to man right of button who moves in with about 50-60$.
I pick up a QQ and think very hard about this decision. A raise UTG and a reraise means there must be some VERY solid hands out there (at least one AK, AA or KK). The UTG had about 120 in front of him so I had him covered but I wasn't trying to lose 120).

I didn't want to call because he could still act behind me and move in putting me in an even WORSE situation. I laid em down and UTG calls

he had an a/6 and other man had ak

QQ would have held up in the end

My buddy who was sitting next to me told me that I should have called and that it was one of the worst moves I made of the night.

So what do ya'll think?

meleader2
08-13-2005, 07:56 PM
the guy that pushed with the 60$ is only 6 bb's, worth a call by QQ but with UTG still left to act, like you said, spelled trouble.

what is the max buy in at this table? if it's 300$, easy fold, if it's 500$ i'd call and prepare to reload.

08-13-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the guy that pushed with the 60$ is only 6 bb's, worth a call by QQ but with UTG still left to act, like you said, spelled trouble.

what is the max buy in at this table? if it's 300$, easy fold, if it's 500$ i'd call and prepare to reload.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you're saying that if the stakes are higher, I should be willing to gamble with that is essentially the worse hand and "be ready to reload"

I think if anything it would be vice versa if I were on the small stack.

Allinlife
08-13-2005, 11:24 PM
you should stop playing poker at such stakes, it looks it's way over your head.

this should have been a very easy allin. min-raise basically means I have 2 cards and short stack push of 6bb meant I have a little better 2 cards.

now, you look down at your 3rd best hand in poker. what do you say?

THATWACOKID
08-13-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
now, you look down at your 3rd best hand in poker. what do you say?

[/ QUOTE ]

all you can eat, baby