PDA

View Full Version : 54 of Clubs, in the SB, the case for playing fast.

Bob T.
03-26-2003, 04:25 PM
Online 3-6 game, fairly loose, moderately passive.

5 limpers to me in the SB, I have 54 of clubs.

I complete. The BB checks.

Flop 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif .

I bet, 6 callers.

Turn, 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif .

I bet, 4 callers.

River J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif .

I bet, One caller, Next player raises, 1 fold, I reraise, and the raiser calls. He made a flush on the river, and my hand was good.

I think that this hand was really simple, but I think that a lot of players might not play this hand so straightforwardly, and consequently wouldn't win as much money on the hand.

On the flop, I thought that players might call if they had overcards, (and everyone is likely to), or spades, and I was lucky enough that the spades hit on the end. It also helps if you have been playing aggressively, so that your opponents might have a suspicion that you might be running some kind of game at them.

marbles
03-26-2003, 04:45 PM
Beautiful hand. Kudos on resisting the urge to get cute on this one. Too bad no one held A5o.

RockLobster
03-26-2003, 05:37 PM
Hi Bob--

MG in NJ posted one recently titled "I played it so straight forward, it appeared deceptive"... your post easily falls under this title. I also want to applaud for you not getting into "cute mode" on this one. Nice job.

bernie
03-27-2003, 02:36 AM
they wouldve expected trips (or bigger) to wait to the turn.
waiting is my variance for hands like this because they usually dont put you on that strong of a hand that early.

i really liked the way you played it. and youre right, you probably made more playing it this way. only if they catch on do i change it a little.

b