PDA

View Full Version : Statistics for a bad session want comments.

winky51
08-13-2005, 05:29 PM
How the hell do people maintain a 3BB per 100 when you get days like this at least once a week. I played right, no tilt, and the suckouts never stopped. When I have good sessions I average around 2-3 BB per sessions and these are not any superluck sessions. Then in one day this crap happens. You might think I play too tight but I was trying to find reasons to be involved in a flop. Something I am missing? Tired of having my profits wiped out by these kind of days.

Today's stats. Don't forget to expand it.
http://www.texasholdempoker-stats.com/badday2.gif

constructive comments not sarcasm please.

sy_or_bust
08-13-2005, 05:34 PM
You should know by now that sessions stats are pointless. If you want to go down that road, and you probably shouldn't, post it all.

Good sessions can easily get higher than that, and bad ones worse. If you're a winning player, keep playing and it'll even itself out. Post tricky hands in SS. Duh.

Catt
08-13-2005, 05:34 PM
If you continue to be so short-term results oriented (posting bad beats, whining about bad sessions or days, etc.) I will conclusively conclude that poker is not the game for you -- for now, I lean that way but have not reached a conclusion.

As to your session stats . . . sample size blah blah blah. That said, have you read SSHE? Your stats are those of a weak-tight nut peddler. You post-flop aggression makes it pretty clear that you're playing fit or fold poker (if these stats are typical for you). Read SSHE if you haven't already.

SmileyEH
08-13-2005, 05:48 PM
No one cares.

-SmileyEH

SavageMiser
08-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Small sample, etc., but looks like you called too much on the river.

winky51
08-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Ive read about 30 books including that one. I know what I'm doing.

Fit of fold, hmmmm.

How about this one (typical of today)

Me: Ah Kd 1 opponent, bet flop, bet turn got check raised.

FLOP: 6s 8s 3c

You tell me how I can call a turn raise with this board and expect to be ahead?

9948 hands 3/6 Here is what I have so far.
VPIP 14.08%
VPIP SB 19.83%
See flop 16.98%
See flop no Bl 11.44%
Fold SB steal 91.21%
Fold BB steal 65.59%
Steal blinds 30.48%
Won $ see flop 35.94%
Win rate 0.24 per 100
Went to SD 32.15%
Won at SD 54.7%
Raise PF 9%

Aggression
Preflop 1.39
Flop 3.77
Turn 3.37
River 1.39

I reraise or fold before the flop vs a PF raiser in most cases. I evaluate their PF raise %.

Vs one opponent I keep betting till they tell me I am behind. And then I still probably call down depending on the board. The above example is something I would fold to.

I raise PF and cap all hands that have pot equity and play them strong after the flop if I hit.

My general rule is what I call a 2 1 rule

2 callers one over I keep betting my pair
OR
1 caller 2 overs I keep betting my pair.

I miss a flop compeletely vs 3 opponents I check, 2 I bet.

I have no problems with bluffers or maniacs.

For every super profitable day I have I get 10 super bad ones.

I should just play NL, I never lose there.

SackUp
08-13-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I should just play NL, I never lose there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do, then you can stop wasting our time here.

Entity
08-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Bad sessions happen. Nothing helpful can be ascertained from your stats nor will it, as it's clear that you just ran bad for a session.

I'm locking this thread before it turns into a flamewar because you're gonna get flamed for posting multiple "pity me" posts.

Rob