PDA

View Full Version : So I am railbirding FieryJustice today...

The Don
08-13-2005, 04:30 PM
Please tell me Fiery... Is this "nice fish" thing a joke? If it is, it's pretty funny and does well to put the entire table on tilt. If it isn't then it's pretty bad, heh. I am thinking it is a joke... here's why.

CO (2000) raises to 400 (level 5)
You (1800) call from BB

Flop... Q-J-8
You both get all-in and he shows 88 and you AA

This is followed by a "VERY nice fish"

Obviously the guy did nothing wrong on this hand but somehow got a 'VERY'. While other times when people make loose calls (actual bad plays) and suck out they only get a "nice fish."

Please explain...

citanul
08-13-2005, 04:32 PM
You know, I did a bit of thinking about this the other day, and I realised something.

If it keeps him off tilt, then whatever.

citanul

PS: since you were actually only asking him a question, you might want to consider the private message function built into the website.

FieryJustice
08-13-2005, 05:24 PM
Anytime someone draws to 2 outs and hits, they made a VERY nice fish...I wish i could make some nice fishes sometimes. As for keeping me off tilt, I dont go on tilt. It does somehow manage to piss off everyone at the table...call me crazy, but I like making lucksacks mad.

jon462
08-13-2005, 05:27 PM
he drew to 2 outs for free. its not like you pushed PF and he called. You gave him a free flop.
edit: assuming the OP described the hand correctly.

Newt_Buggs
08-13-2005, 05:28 PM
I like it when lucksacks come back and keep playing in the same games as me.

The Don
08-13-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he drew to 2 outs for free. its not like you pushed PF and he called. You gave him a free flop.
edit: assuming the OP described the hand correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's right. I think you need to use some discretion for situations like this though where he is drawing to 2 outs for free. If you are doing it to piss off the table then job well done. It was pretty funny to watch everyone's comments after you left the table.

Freudian
08-13-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anytime someone draws to 2 outs and hits, they made a VERY nice fish...I wish i could make some nice fishes sometimes. As for keeping me off tilt, I dont go on tilt. It does somehow manage to piss off everyone at the table...call me crazy, but I like making lucksacks mad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you were the one drawing to two outs.

Matt R.
08-13-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, you were the one drawing to two outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

FieryJustice
08-13-2005, 05:58 PM
Its totally irrelevany if I was the one with the worst hand. I'm saying it because it makes people think I am insulting them as a person for some reason. People hear the word "fish" and think you are saying they mother is a dirty whore. It is fun making people mad. Then they come and play their 88 like it is the nuts again and again.

Freudian
08-13-2005, 06:04 PM
Then why not call their mothers whores? Then they will get even more mad and play their 33 like it is the nuts.

08-13-2005, 06:08 PM
So what happens if you call their mother a VERY dirty whore?

FieryJustice
08-13-2005, 06:10 PM
...I just might try it next time...Some people are weird though. I guess their poker "skill" is all they have. if you insult that, you are insulting the only thing they have in the world. The funny thing is that i'm not even calling the players a fish. I'm saying that them drawing to a 3 outer is "fishing." People are funny. Fwiw, in another game on another table, one of the people at the table told me that i need to be nicer because lots of $215ers dont like me. I have been thinking about if for a while and I dont really think I should care if random people on the internet like me or not. i guess when I start winning wpt events next year, I just wont tell people my screen name. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

newfant
08-13-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My mom reaches through the computer screen and slaps the offender across his face with her labia.

Freudian
08-13-2005, 06:15 PM
Don't you have to have passed puberty to play in WPT events?

networkman
08-13-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My mom reaches through the computer screen and slaps the offender across his face with her labia.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm such a child, I can't stop grinning /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Matt R.
08-13-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't you have to have passed puberty to play in WPT events?

[/ QUOTE ]

He could still be of age. Maybe it's some type of hormone deficiency.

Myst
08-13-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a moron. An arrogant moron. If you are gonna be a professional, at least act like one at the table.

johnnybeef
08-13-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i guess when I start winning wpt events next year, I just wont tell people my screen name.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be willing to make a hefty wager that this wont happen.