PDA

View Full Version : I really thought hard about this hand...

krishanleong
08-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: (9.20 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

River: (12.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds, MP calls.

Final Pot: 16.20 BB

Button stats are 54/15/.8/41 over 27 hands.
MPs stats are 76/7/.4/36/ over 59 hands.

Krishan

Warik
08-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Given their stats they could be playing any two cards, but given their aggression factors, I don't think button would be playing a flush draw or straight draw so aggressively. The turn K/images/graemlins/club.gif wouldn't scare me vs. the button (but it may against MP who has been calling along the whole way).

Preflop: Fine.
Flop: Fine.

Turn: I bet out. You're risking a dangerous free card here. If you get raised, call 1 bet since you still have outs against a made flush.

River: Bet a blank. Check/fold if you got raised on the turn and didn't improve on the river.

Given your line, though, I think you do pretty much have to fold the river. Pot's not big enough to call two bets cold with a 3-flush on board and not closing the action.

Note: Still an overaggressive noob here. Good players be gentle with your flames. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

me454555
08-13-2005, 04:38 PM
The problem comes when you check the turn b/c you give up control of the hand. Betting the turn makes the rest of the hand play much better. If button raises again on the turn, you can assume he's got the flush and check fold the river UI

dave44
08-13-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really thought hard about this hand...

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd be curious to here why you decided a turn check was best. I find it hard to put button specifically on a flush draw just yet.

JKDStudent
08-13-2005, 07:39 PM
I really don't like checking the turn. Sure, Button could have a flush draw. But also a weaker ace. But when you check the turn, Button sees a lot of weakness, so even without a flush, he's betting thinking his hand is good. Now you don't know where you're at.

Bet/call the turn.

wackjob
08-13-2005, 07:54 PM
I think this is a steamroll hand. Bet hard all the way. If you get raised on the river call 1 or fold when its 2 more back to you.

Trix
08-13-2005, 08:13 PM
I dont get the turn, someone must have a flush when two bad see it for 3 bets ?

wackjob
08-13-2005, 08:31 PM
Why? Why not 2nd pair and another weak ace or a guy chasing a runner-runner flush?

Stack
08-13-2005, 09:22 PM
1- You have to bet this turn, but everyone has said that already.

2- When you are the pfr and the flop 3-bettor, but you check the turn, you open yourself to all kind of shitty plays from all kind of shitty hands.

ok, maybe someone showed a flush on the river, but I can't see how you can feel good about the turn check [granted...you didn't say that you did]

PokerBob
08-13-2005, 09:27 PM
I don't get the turn check.

krishanleong
08-13-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I played this hand like [censored]. Betting the turn is so obviously correct. My thoughts were villian wouldn't raise the turn without something that would beat an ace or a flush draw. I felt like the odds were greater that he would have the flush draw than AJ. So I checked and called. It's horrible for a number of reasons.

Krishan

PokerBob
08-13-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I played this hand like [censored]. Betting the turn is so obviously correct. My thoughts were villian wouldn't raise the turn without something that would beat an ace or a flush draw. I felt like the odds were greater that he would have the flush draw than AJ. So I checked and called. It's horrible for a number of reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted that blind. I should have read what everyone else said and kept my mouth shut instead of repeating what everyone else said.

goofball
08-13-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted that blind. I should have read what everyone else said and kept my mouth shut instead of repeating what everyone else said.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it bore repeating, the turn check is godawful. Also, did you consider checkraising the turn once the action was back to you? Have you been running bad? This sounds like a hand I would play at the end of a long bad session.

krishanleong
08-13-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's much much better to repeat what everyone said and keep posting blind. You won't always post the same thing and the times you won't are invaluable.

Krishan