PDA

View Full Version : Is this a weak tight laydown?

nebben
08-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Assume that you have flopped the nut set on the flop on a two flush board.
You pot it from first position, and get two callers.
Say the pot is now 300.
The flush coimes on fourth street, you check, and a solid player bets from lp 150.) it is folded to you.
This is a fold correct? You would need 3.6 to 1 to call, and I can't see this player doing this without a flush, or paying me off on a paired board (no implied odds.)
As the bet stands, you are only getting 3 to 1

autobet
08-13-2005, 04:05 PM
If your assumptions are correct:
1. the player has a flush
2. will not pay you off if you fill
then it is a fold

In practice, players will sometimes bet without the flush and sometimes pay you off if you hit...

08-13-2005, 04:26 PM
Yeah, the laydown is fine as long as the guy is less capable of running a bluff here. If he's a callling station, call, because he'll pay you off. If he's super LAG, call or raise since he may no have it.

RickyG
08-13-2005, 05:42 PM
I dont think calling against the lag is a good idea unless you realize you are playing for the rest of your chips if you dont hit (unless you are really deep stacked). Against the LAG, taking a gamboool and raising or folding are the better options because most lags will still not pay you off if you hit and you avoid making a bad fold on the river
if you dont hit, but had winner.
I still think folding is the most +EV.

mshalen
08-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Ask yourself "what hand could he have that would justify calling a pot bet with the board showing those cards?". You need to always look at the board and your opponents actions then draw your own conclusion.

While I agree with the conclusions of the above responces I feel that this forum needs a little more instruction/teaching/learning rather than a yes or no answer.

autobet
08-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Go for it.