PDA

View Full Version : 2 pair, wait for turn to reraise?

Tropex
08-13-2005, 03:41 PM
PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP folds.

Turn: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

River: (14 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB

How was this line? Should I reraise the flop right away?

08-13-2005, 03:50 PM
i think you played it right. if you capped the flop, he might slow down with AK on the turn and river. plus you don't usually get that much action, so raising the turn seems the most profitable. i would have been nervous about AQ though, and probably slowed down when he 3 bet the turn.

or i'm paranoid.

cmwck
08-13-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think you played it right. if you capped the flop, he might slow down with AK on the turn and river. plus you don't usually get that much action, so raising the turn seems the most profitable. i would have been nervous about AQ though, and probably slowed down when he 3 bet the turn.

or i'm paranoid.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's going to slow down with AK anyway on the turn b/c it looks like you just hit two pair or a straight. I raise the flop.

Warik
08-13-2005, 04:44 PM
Yes... I would wait for the turn to raise. Absent of a read, I'd be inclined to think he's going to bet even if he whiffed the flop since he 3-bet preflop. Raising the flop will most likely fold MP when you're way ahead and it might kill your action on later streets.

Since MP folded the flop, raise on the turn is good. Don't know if I'd cap the turn though... SB 3-bet preflop... AQ, AA, QQ, JJ are all possible holdings.

Assuming I did cap the turn, I'd probably just call the river bet.

Tropex
08-13-2005, 09:48 PM
he had QQ xD