PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyway not to go broke here?

08-13-2005, 02:18 PM
Seat 10: dbeach99 ( $1075 )
Seat 5: NinaWilliams ( $1270 )
Seat 7: jjthebeef ( $1475 )
Seat 9: craigmack86 ( $4180 )
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to NinaWilliams [ 2s 3c ]
jjthebeef folds.
craigmack86 calls [200].
dbeach99 folds.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 2d, 4s, 3d ]
NinaWilliams checks.
craigmack86 bets [200].
NinaWilliams is all-In [1070]
craigmack86 calls [870].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 8c ]
** Dealing River ** [ 6s ]
craigmack86 shows [ 4d, 6d ] two pairs, sixes and fours.
NinaWilliams shows [ 2s, 3c ] two pairs, threes and twos.
craigmack86 wins 2640 chips from the main pot with two pairs, sixes and fours.
NinaWilliams finished in fourth place.
NinaWilliams has left the table.

Button limper was gambling a lot earlier but has since tightened up. I checked because i figured he would automatically bet in this spot. it feels like i should be able to save some chips here but im not sure if any other line makes sense.

USCSigma1097
08-13-2005, 02:22 PM
Its not a good thing to have your first post be a bad beat post.

And that's what you just did.

Of course you made the right play, you got rivered, and I'm sorry.

I wish I could choke slam this entire thread.

Sigma

illini43
08-13-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its not a good thing to have your first post be a bad beat post.

[/ QUOTE ]

jgunnip
08-13-2005, 02:54 PM
This post is better than any of your posts today. and no, i'm not being sarcastic.

MegaBet
08-13-2005, 02:55 PM
Welcome to poker.

Seth Money
08-13-2005, 02:56 PM
I agree you played it right. Just sucks to go down with two pair on flop.

propaganda
08-13-2005, 02:58 PM
Don't post the results. When I had a situation like this, I did just as you did -- gave as much info as possible thinking that it would help. It doesn't, the right play at that point in the hand is the right play, regardless of the eventual outcome. Thankfully, someone finally set me straight without ripping into me, so now it's my turn to do so (next time someone does it, it's yours /images/graemlins/grin.gif).
--propaganda

BadMongo
08-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Get real.

Seriously, what is the point of posting this? You have 5xBB after posting and you flop 2 pair. Hmmm, I wonder what I should have done...

No one cares about your bad beats /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

08-13-2005, 03:52 PM
i didnt intend for this to be a bad beat post. I wasnt even a favorite on the flop, what i wanted to know is if there was a way i could save any chips if a scary card came on the turn or river.

UVaHoo
08-13-2005, 04:02 PM
What were your other options on the flop? If you just call, you give him a cheap card to possibly draw out on you with a straight draw, diamond draw, or anything else. If you min-raise, he's going to call anyway, and now you have less chips to make a move at the pot. Plus, you're shortstacked for later in the tourney. If you raise to 600 or something, he'll probably call unless he's completely bluffing, so you're either pot committed or you win the same amount as if you push all-in.

If you push, you get all your money in when you're 99% sure you're ahead, in addition to getting the most fold equity. The only hand I might consider trying to "slowplay" is A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif just to make sure I get his money in the pot.