PDA

View Full Version : Playing KK UTG

jmr
08-13-2005, 02:12 PM
I usually have a VPIP around 18 but after about 90 minutes at this table it was around 10 so I was just excited to be in the hand when dealt the poket K's. My question is could I have done anything differently on the turn or river to help the situation ?

According to my PT stats, Button is about 20/6/1.5 and CO is about 30/4/1

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (15.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 18.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kh Kc (one pair, kings).
CO has 3c 3d (three of a kind, threes).
Button has As Ah (one pair, aces).
Outcome: CO wins 18.75 BB. </font>

sy_or_bust
08-13-2005, 02:20 PM
Come on, this is easy. CO went for overcalls the whole way, oh well, doesn't mean you messed up.

Argus
08-13-2005, 02:28 PM
After button caps the flop he's giving you a fairly short list of hands he could be on. AA-TT, AQ:hearts:, and AJ (especially with the A:hearts). Since he doesn't raise preflop too much I don't see many other hands that give so much action in his range. CO is probably on some sort of a draw, or wants to see if his top pair is good. He might also have JT or J9 and be letting the aggressive players put all the bets in. Button gave you a good opportunity to put the vice onto CO with his flop cap. You should check/raise the turn to face CO with 2 cold; his odds will probably still dictate a call (depending on what he's actually holding), but it will be much slimmer than simply betting out and offering almost 14:1. If CO 3-bets here you can fold the river UI. On the river almost every reasonable draw for CO got there, but the pot is very large. I think check/call is best here, but I could be wrong.

PS Don't include results. I didn't read them.

chesspain
08-13-2005, 02:57 PM
I don't really see the point in betting the turn.

Argus
08-13-2005, 02:58 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]
Neither do I, but it sounds like we have different reasons. Do you agree with a check/raise, or what alternate line do you propose?

Chris Daddy Cool
08-13-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but come on! he has an overpair! effing cowboys for crying outloud!

dacubbie
08-13-2005, 04:50 PM
Preflop and flop are standard. After that though I think I go into check/call mode unless a very good card comes on the turn, (king, queen of hearts or something).